Selecting Picture Area With Pen

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried searching on how to do this, but all I keep coming up with is how to select a picture.

What I'm trying to do is take an existing photo, and use the pen to trace around an object in the photo, then cut/copy it out. So I open up a pic, select Edit from the menu. Then I push on a spot in the pic with the pen and a menu pops up. I select "Selection Mode". I trace around my object in the pic, and it's selected, but then how do I cut that section out? I'd like to put that cut out section in a message, email or even paste it on to another photo.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If you managed to draw a rough circle around the image by holding the pen button so only the cut section is visible, as well as save/send options at the bottom of the screen, you have easy clip mode there upper *left. Touch the info button and it will teach you.

Ignore the Scrapbook shot, that's if you want it saved there. I cannot take a shot of the screen before with the save and easy clip options.
2e6yzape.jpg

ujyzyge5.jpg

y4u4uzy5.jpg

3a4ygydy.jpg

**I haven't gone through the whole process or when to edit. I can send cropped pic from easy clip screen with my Yahoo email, but not from Scrapbook, only stock email app. More to work on later. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome - but I was only winging it!
@kj11 pointed me to easy clip some time ago, but I never had the need for it.
That was a good question that helped me as well, and it brought up some extra stuff I want to know if it can do.
There are posters who will know this area blindfolded. :)

Via my Note 3 on AC.