Deleting device storage folders?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have my photos on my sd card storage and it shows up on my device storage. I've tried to delete unused files as well as the photos but they later show up again!
What's the deal with that?
It seems if you try to edit your folders, it doesn't make any difference later, it changes back as before!
I guess it creates whatever folders it thinks It needs?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Last edited:

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The device storage is called SD card. You have to go to mnt> external SD card to see your SD card as opposed to device storage.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The device storage is called SD card. You have to go to mnt> external SD card to see your SD card as opposed to device storage.

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to help me.

"Size does matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
What did you do with Picasa, if not disabled and Sync is on it might be that, I don't know.
Google Photos causes some problems with Gallery, I don't have Photos on mine.
I may not understand the question though, I haven't had your issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I was thinking that after the original OP but couldn't find where I saw this in the past.
I wonder if Storage changed after KK.
jebypebe.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
When I go to all files I tap on device storage. I have deleted many of the empty folders and those folders that I know are stored on the SD card.
When I return later to device storage, many of the deleted files have returned.
(I'm thinking now it has to do with not all the data going to the SD card and a small portion going to device storage. )

"Size does matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you deleting folders you created or seemingly empty files. There are some files in Device storage there that seem empty.
I rarely look at My Files. In my device storage both DCIM folders are empty. In Pictures only the Screenshots folder is not empty. All photos and videos and music is on my card. I am now on KK and nothing has changed in this regard. I would need to go through the Apps to see if some are stored in both places. I selected some to store on the sd.
You may have an issue, I don't know myself, but someone will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12