MAJOR error with updating the Note 3

Zabrak

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So I've actually been getting this error for the past couple months, though I'm just now properly addressing it.

So I rooted my Note 3 a few months ago, and since then I've been getting an error every time I try to update my phone.

I should note that literally every morning, I get a prompt asking to update my phone.

Anyway, the error is:

"Software update unsuccessful: Sorry, there was a problem updating your SAMSUNG SM-N900V. No changes were made."

And that's that. My current Android version is 4.3

Anyone know what's going on here?

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are in NB4 now, you are getting the KitKat update, and it is a b@itch for anyone who ever rooted or modified their system. There is a guide over at XDA on how to revert every little file in your system for the update to go thru, but even then it still could fail! Even some people who never rooted we're getting failed updates.

Probably the surest way is to go to your local Best Buy Samsung desk, or AT&T device support center, and have them flash the official firmware to your phone(basically we have to do this because the recent firmwares have not been made available to the general public) This will wipe your data but otherwise it is the easiest way to update. Also beware, the KitKat update has no known root method at the present time!

Zabrak

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright so to clarify
?
if I actually want this update, I'll need to unroot the phone, correct?

Couldn't i just follow some guide on youtube, rather than taking it to a store?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Worst case you have to Odin back to stock and take the update from there. Have you frozen or deleted any files?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Alright so to clarify
?
if I actually want this update, I'll need to unroot the phone, correct?

Couldn't i just follow some guide on youtube, rather than taking it to a store?

You could try this, it was posted after I had already updated, but perhaps it could be your ticket.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2701062

We have the problem that there is only 1 official stock firmware available and it is an early one, so we can't downgrade to it. There is a restore to MJ5, but then you still have to do fixes for the update to take.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781