Do you use the IR function to control your devices?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Watch On is already installed on your phone. Go to: Settings, Application Manager and you will probably find it under "all".
It my have been turned off but it's there!
I use it all the time to control my TV for Netflix, Hulu+, YouTube etc.
Love it! Let us know if you need more help.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I knew it was with the apps but forgot about the Samsung tray. I already moved mine.

"Size does matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I knew it was with the apps but forgot about the Samsung tray. I already moved mine.

"Size does matter!"

I couldn't find My Files yesterday for your own thread, and it was in a tray/folder.
I was wondering wth you were on about - haha!

I since downloaded ES File Explorer, courtesy of @msndrstood, but I can't see me using it atm, my phone is half empty!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Rubus Roo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you got it to work (properly) in the UK with your Sky+ HD box? It works my tv like a charm but the sky box, not so much, only basic channel +/-

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
UK here but no Sky. Panasonic tv and BD/PVR. Should be info available. It said to try several codes to turn the tv on. I eventually got it to work by trying each code for Panasonic to turn OFF.
Peel I think are the people you can email. Try searching Watch On threads on AC.

Have any of you got it to work (properly) in the UK with your Sky+ HD box? It works my tv like a charm but the sky box, not so much, only basic channel +/-

Steve Short is in the UK. Ask here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3416572

Last edited by a moderator:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Love watch on app. I control everything with it. Such a great app.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's a remote control with a screen and internet and TV search and reviews and timers and reminders and category grouping and .... and ..... and.....

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I use it to control my Vizio TV and Samsung Blu Ray in the living room and a Proscan tv in my bedroom. Since I use Chromecast for most of my video anyway, being able to control everything with my phone and not needing to find a remote is fantastic

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I do but I barely watch tv anymore since the walking dead season is over :'(

Haha. It's been mentioned on AC before. I watched most or all of the first season but could not see where else the story could go, and good characters were killed off. It was taken off a Freeview channel here anyway. Box sets are available. Maybe I'll break a leg. :)

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Tried it and couldnt get it to work. So I use one of the other remote apps.

Just wondering if you could not get the code to activate your tv and other video.
I can access a lot of settings that are on the supplied remotes (Panasonic), just by bringing up the menu pages and scrolling through.
If you want to help to have another stab at it, come back.

I have 2011 model year Panasonics bought June 2012 so the Panasonic apps won't work.

Last edited:

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Went back and retried WatchOn and it works now, yay.
Cool app but I still like the Smart Remote IR from Color Tiger or ZappIR remotes as they pretty much do everything.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Went back and retried WatchOn and it works now, yay.
Cool app but I still like the Smart Remote IR from Color Tiger or ZappIR remotes as they pretty much do everything.

Ok so I'm playing around with the WatchOn remote more and am wondering if it can do macro commands like the other two for switching between inputs, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles