Why is my note 3 upgradeable to kitkat ??

Passant El-Naggar

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
my current software is jellybean , i am trying to update my software to kitkat
didnt receive any notification for updates , and when i searched manually it replied that latest updates have already been installed
can someone help me please ? :'(

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
my current software is jellybean , i am trying to update my software to kitkat
didnt receive any notification for updates , and when i searched manually it replied that latest updates have already been installed
can someone help me please ? :'(

It is not available for your phone yet. I am on Verizon and I did not get the update yet.

Passant El-Naggar

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
i am sorry to disturb you , but I've read that other note 3 users got it on their phones ,
and that it's available now , am a little bit confused , so should i wait till i receive the notification for upgrading ?

danube100

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
i am sorry to disturb you , but I've read that other note 3 users got it on their phones ,
and that it's available now , am a little bit confused , so should i wait till i receive the notification for upgrading ?

Did your country recieve the update for Kitkat? If not then you can flash the official kitkat firmware to your phone using Odin.

To flash your phone to Kitkat, get these 2 things.

1) Odin v3.0.9 (Thats the one I used)

2) Poland Kitkat firmware (Thats the one I used to flash my phone)

After you have these 2, put your Note 3 in the download mode and connect it with Odin.

The file you downloaded, will be a zip file. You need to extract it.

Now in Odin, click on AP or PDA and choose the extracted file.

It will take some time to load the file, so just relax and after the file has been loaded, you need to ensure that only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are only ticked.

Nothing else should be ticked in Odin.

Press Start and wait for the files to be installed. It will take some time and after the files have been installed, either it will show a Reset or Pass. You can disconnect the phone after that and let the phone boot.

You will be running android Kitkat after this.

P.S. Backup your data and proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone.

P.P.S. To put your phone in download mode, shut down the phone and press the down volume key, home key and the power button at the same time. Then press the volume up key after you see a warning message.

P.P.P.S I did not lose my warranty or trip Knox by following this procedure but there is no guarantee about it.

This a brief guide. You can check youtube. They have lots of videos on how to update if you do not want to wait for Kitkat to come out in your country.

If anyother questions, post them below and I will try to answer as soon as possible

Posted via Android Central App

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If you want to do a stock OTA (over the air) update, you will have to wait until your carrier pushes the update out too you. Different carriers push it out at different times and when it becomes available.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There are many different hardware versions of the Note 3, and also many carriers/networks have their own versions where their own software is installed before the phone is given to the customer.

So any major update such as KitKat 4.4 has to be configured by either the manufacturer Samsung (for each unlocked phone version according to world region); OR your carrier / network, if you have their version, has to test and change KitKat so it will work correctly with their software. This can take several months, so they will not release KitKat to be downloaded to your phone until it is ready.

In the US, AT&T have made KitKat available, whereas Verizon for example, have not released KitKat to their customers yet.

They often don't get everything right, so I would enjoy your phone as it is. I have had little problem with KitKat in England, but it has caused problems for many owners.
So not all networks, and not all regions possibly, have made KitKat ready yet for some Note 3 versions.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
LOL

Good grief !

Every time I write a post longer than 3 lines recently, there are several other posts submitted before I send.
Let's ring each other to check who's writing what. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Contact your phone carrier, they're the ones who push it out to you.
They will know when it's out, and if it's out, why it's not getting to you.
We have no idea who your carrier is, where you're located - those are important.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance