my new Galaxy Note 3 suddently died

langthang88

May 2, 2014
Visit site
It happened today. I just used my 3 months old Galaxy Note 3 to make a 2 minutes phone call in the car (of course with Bluetooth device) without any problem. Then, I kept it in my pocket after using. At that time, the battery was still full. No phone drop. Five minutes later, when I got home, I took my phone out of the pocket and I saw it completely black!!! I tried to turn it on but...no luck. It sounded a little bit (music), the blue light on top left was lighted in a second then off, completely. Can't turn on anymore. Tried to charge... took the battery off then reinstalled...still not working. The phone now completely died, I guess. What should I do? Actually I dropped the phone once one month ago. There was a little cracker on screen near the power button. However after that, there had been no problem till now. I don't understand why and how my phone stops functioning. Please help! Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

polaraman

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I hope you have insurance.

I'm on my 3rd GN3 through Verizon. The first one i had done the exact same thing as yours in the first 2 weeks. I took it back to the store and they gave me a new one. I just swapped that Note3 for a refurb last month because my bluetooth signal was very weak. As soon as i stuck my phone in my pocket, my headset said that my phone was out of range.

I love the phone so far but I have some concerns on the build. I normally have terrible luck with phones. I always get the lemons.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It happened today. I just used my 3 months old Galaxy Note 3 to make a 2 minutes phone call in the car (of course with Bluetooth device) without any problem. Then, I kept it in my pocket after using. At that time, the battery was still full. No phone drop. Five minutes later, when I got home, I took my phone out of the pocket and I saw it completely black!!! I tried to turn it on but...no luck. It sounded a little bit (music), the blue light on top left was lighted in a second then off, completely. Can't turn on anymore. Tried to charge... took the battery off then reinstalled...still not working. The phone now completely died, I guess. What should I do? Actually I dropped the phone once one month ago. There was a little cracker on screen near the power button. However after that, there had been no problem till now. I don't understand why and how my phone stops functioning. Please help! Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Have you tried recovery mode.
Phone off. Hold Volume up/top - home - power button together.
Scroll options with the volume key, select with power button.
Usually used for clearing cache, so try clearing cache which only takes seconds, the reboot/restart option will be highlighted, press Power button and it restarts.
If this doesn't cure it consider going back and choosing master reset where it will wipe your personal info and apps but you will get apps back from Play Store.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any other batteries you could try? Maybe the battery died.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Not to call BS or anything but what's the point of you saying you didn't drop it then suddenly saying..."Well actually".......

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it held out for you for a month, then pressure in your pocket did for it. It may be a simple connection fix if the screen was fine. If you can't go the insurance route or a carrier replacement you shouldn't get too ripped off for possibly a simple repair, don't know, - but worth finding somewhere for an estimate.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I find that a lot of these so-called weird glitch are happening because we're downloading bogus/crappy apps that are harmful to the phone. My friend is on her third Samsung and told me that it was because they kept downloading apps and phone started to act up. Just thought I'd share that. Not saying this is what happened to the OP.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes and it's a way of getting you to buy a pro version. Just bought Album Art Grabber, which is good, but I paid ?1.30 ish extra.
Don't like any unnecessary apps and have only 1 game, though I downloaded 2 or 3 wifi apps yesterday with intent to delete them. One I like.

langthang88

May 2, 2014
Visit site
thanks madd54, I tried as recover mode as you said but ....not working. I think I have to take it to repair shop. Thanks for all replies so quickly. Have a good day guys

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your suggestion. I did try with another battery but still not working. Thanks anyway.

it can be a hardware or software problem
a hardware problem can be caused due to that crack
or may be a software problem
use kies to update it again
if the problem still exist use Odin to re flash

none of this works, take your phone to service centre

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty