Best extended battery/case combo for Note 3!

tarheel1400

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

So like many of you I'm suffering from the recent update and my phone seems to be dying quicker than ever. I'm in the market for a bigger battery since I'm a big user and have huge hands to go with my huge phone. I'm considering the Zero Lemon 10000mah case combo however many people claim the case feels cheap. I'd like to get something big enough to warrant the upgrade however don't want to cheapen my device with a sub-par case. I'm currently using the Otterbox Defender so I'm already semi accustomed to large cases. Your input and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I use the ZeroLemon 10000mah battery and hard case from time to time. Love the battery life, hate the size...but you can't have it all I guess! LOL! A lot of folks like it, but for me it's too big for every day use. And while the hard cover is somewhat of a pain to install/remove, I still use it for special occasions like when I visit family out of town or something like that and don't always have access to a charger. BTW, I removed the plastic ZL screen protector, it was giving me problems using the phone. Otherwise, I stay with the stock battery and Trident case. Good luck!

Last edited:

pegleg96

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the Anker 6400 battery and love the freedom it gives me from the charger. Seidio makes a case for their extended battery that also fits the 6400 perfectly right from the package. I have modified the Otterbox Defender so that it also works and fits like it should. I switch back and forth, so mentally it's like a new phone after the swap.

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app

tarheel1400

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm really looking for something to use everyday. Is the Zerolemon unpractical for that?

I didn't see a 6400mah on anker's website. Are the Seido battery combos any good?

Posted via Android Central App

pegleg96

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I picked the Anker up from Amazon. I ordered it on a Saturday and had it in my hands on Monday. I also was contacted by email a couple of times by CS from Anker to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase and it was performing properly.
Nice personal touch.

dc5pat

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the hyperion 6400 battery with the seidio dilex extended case and holster. Fits perfectly. Didn't have to modify anything. Pretty sure it'll fit the the anker version

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

pegleg96

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
dc5pat is right, the Seidio Dilex Extended case fits perfectly. The only problem with the Dilex is the silicone cover is the type that attracts dust.

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I hate the Zero Lemon case and consider it such a bad purchase that I am more than willing to use the phone naked unless I know that I need the extended battery and only until | get something better. l hate it for three reasons: 1) the extra size (which l could overlook were it not for the next two reasons); 2) the cheap plastic feel of the case and the terrible flaps that never close properly over the various ports (and the fact that some internal piece broke off) 3): the cheap plastic cover is constantly letting dust and moisture beneath it and into the phone.

NOT WORTH THE COST

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There are really 3 pieces to theZero Lemon case: 1) an internal cage that snaps in place over the phone and which itself consists of 2 parts. This piece DOES NOT hold the battery in place: instead it just seems to hold the terrible plastic faceplate in place. This is the chassis that some small part of snapped off once when I removed it: it feels cheap and ready to break every time I touch it; 2) the battery itself which is huge and can maintain a charge with moderate use over three days; 3) the main hard plastic (but slightly rubbery) shell which has the port covers that never slide inplace flawlessly adjust feels cheap.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have both. The Anker 6400 and the Zerolemon 10,000.

The Anker 6400 is my daily driver. It adds just enough bulk to make this skinny phone essier to grip without too much weight. I have a generic eBay extended TPU case on it and at home I keep it in a leather flip case to protect it from drops onto the hardwood floor. I am a very heavy user and can get up to 24 hours on battery and 8 hours on screen. I'm very happy with it and highly recommend it.

I also have the Zerolemon 10,000. I use it when I know I'm going to be away from a charger for many hours like at a festival etc and I will be using the camera a lot. Uploads drain any battery, but uploading video to Dropbox just kills batteries, the ZL is great for instances like that. I also used it extensively this winter during our many blackouts due to the miserable snow and ice storms we had on the East Coast. It is a heavy brick, but I can't complain about the case, it's on par with the Otterbox Defender, in my opinion. I did remove the attached screen protector. My best time on the ZL was 32 hours on battery with 12 hours screen time.

Either battery is worth the money. I paid $24 for the Anker on EBay ($5 for the extended TPU) and $49 for the Zerolemon with the case.

Hope this helps you decide. 😊

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

tarheel1400

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the great input guys. I think I'm going to upgrade to the Anker 6400 and try to find a case I like for it. It seems nobody really utilizes the ZeroLemon full time and that's what I'm looking for is a full time battery for it. Any suggestions on the Anker 6400 case? Msunderstood, I will certainly check out the ebay tpu case. The Seido case has gotten mixed reviews so I'm trying to figure out if that's my best option.

tarheel1400

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It appears the Seido Dilex case is my best option for the most protection. I suppose I could have a screen protector installed and that be about as good as anything. Would you guys agree?

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There are really 3 pieces to theZero Lemon case: 1) an internal cage that snaps in place over the phone and which itself consists of 2 parts.... This is the chassis that some small part of snapped off once when I removed it: it feels cheap and ready to break every time I touch it

And which did snap this morning as I tried to take it out.. *sigh*. Really hate this case.

tarheel1400

May 3, 2014
Visit site
And which did snap this morning as I tried to take it out.. *sigh*. Really hate this case.

Lol. I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, I think I've ruled out the ZeroLemon for sure.

Have you guys heard of MPJ batteries? They make an 8500mah for the Note 3 that's very reasonably priced at 35 dollars and free shipping.

tarheel1400

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Msunderstood,

I saw on a thread from January you commented a little on a post discussing the MPJ battery. Heard anything additional? Someone said the back doesn't snap on so I'd need to order a different back. Might go with the Seido I heard that fits. The TPU case from Hyperion seems to have issues on the sides from what I've read thus far.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have the zero lemon and have been using it for quite a while. Its thick but the battery life is great. The case is very cheap feeling and cheap looking. It doesn't hold up to taking it off and putting it back on. Mine actually cracked from me taking it off and putting it on too many times. I contacted zero lemon and asked for a replacement part and they sent it to me. I highly recommend it if you need the battery and don't mind the size. Also, definitely recommend not removing it. Dust does get into the flaps. If you have any other questions let me know.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
This was the longest screen on time that I got using it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1399363631685.jpg
    1399363631685.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 1399363640654.jpg
    1399363640654.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 71

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member