slomo video with sound like iphone

rz22g

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to get slow motion video and sound like the iphone 5 ? I found a few threads in XDA but they slam the iphones method of doing it rather than just answering. I don't care what method it uses. It looks and sounds good watching it on the phone, which is where I would watch videos like this anyway. So is there an app to allow this ?

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone so I don't know if you are talking about recording or playing in slow motion. The Note 3 can record in slow motion at a few different rates. Go into the camera app and hit the onscreen arrow that's in the row with the settings button to expand that row. Then hit the video camera icon and choose slow motion. Then you can hit the video cam icon with the fraction to set the speed.

dschoenike

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone so I don't know if you are talking about recording or playing in slow motion. The Note 3 can record in slow motion at a few different rates. Go into the camera app and hit the onscreen arrow that's in the row with the settings button to expand that row. Then hit the video camera icon and choose slow motion. Then you can hit the video cam icon with the fraction to set the speed.

I could be wrong, but I think the op is wondering if there's an app that'll record video in slow motion with "sound". Helpful instructions regardless, you just helped me :)

dschoenike

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I think the op is wondering if there's an app that'll record video in slow motion with "sound". Helpful instructions regardless, you just helped me :)

dschoenike

Glad that helped you. I think a lot of people never noticed that feature because of where it is located - not very intuitive. I was just clicking on every option when I got my phone so came across it. I usually have my sound muted on my own recorded videos so didn't realize it wasn't recording sound in slow motion though.

I did find an app that I just tested with a 30 second clip that plays back video recorded in regular speed in slow motion with audio. I don't know how this will work with a longer video or if the OP will find the quality acceptable but there's a free version with ads (paid with no ads) so they can try it out free if they want. It's call SlowPlay and is in the Play Store. It only has a 3 star rating so that's why I'm not sure how it will end up working out for a longer video or with other video formats. But it worked in my little test so someone who actually wants the slomo audio feature can test it out further since I only care about the slow motion video myself. I'll be uninstalling the app since I only downloaded to try to help out here.

I recorded a 30 sec video in the video camera at normal speed and while talking. I opened SlowPlay and imported the video from the Gallery. You can adjust the play speed up or down at set intervals. The audio is supposed to work from 50% speed to 200% speed. There is an option in the settings for this so make sure it is checked. For my clip the audio worked at 50, 75, 100, 125, and 150 percent speeds. It was all static at 200% but the OP wasn't asking about fast motion anyway. So try it at 75% or 50% and see if it's acceptable or not. Otherwise there are other apps in the Play Store you can try.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey I just realized while answering another question that you can do the same as my post above without installing another app. The stock video player has the option to take normal speed video and slow it down or speed it up with audio included. I forgot about the hidden settings until I went to confirm where the option was for the other question I was answering.

It is not in the general settings that are available when you first open the video player app. You have to start playing the video first and then go to settings, which brings up a separate menu. Enable the Play Speed option. Then when you go back to playing your video, you can press the onscreen box that says 1.0x and change the speed from there. It goes from .5x to 1.5x.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Omg I love you ❤❤❤ I've been wanting slow mo recording on the stock camera app for so long; I just never knew it was hidden!!! Thank you so much 😊

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me how people rarely understand the OPs question.

Playing back in slo-mo is not the same as recording in slo-mo.

Recording in slo-mo actually records at high speed so that when played back slower it is still smooth.

I am pretty sure that is what the OP is after

Unfortunately I have no suggestions to help.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me how people rarely understand the OPs question.

Playing back in slo-mo is not the same as recording in slo-mo.

Recording in slo-mo actually records at high speed so that when played back slower it is still smooth.

I am pretty sure that is what the OP is after

Unfortunately I have no suggestions to help.

It never ceases to amaze me how people (like you) do not read replies before commenting negatively on what they contain and then provide no help yourself. I first addressed how to record in slow motion with specific directions. Since it does not record audio I gave an alternative. So I tried to help in multiple ways and you did nothing but try to put me down.

amdroidboi

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Ive sold my 5s to get the note 3 and i dont think you can record with sound in slow mo which is pretty pants hopefully there will be updates but it doesnt bother me to be honest