Capture Still Image from Recorded Video

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Forum,
Im looking for an app recommendation. GN3 here, T-Moble, running KIt Kat. I record a lot of videos of my dogs, and am looking for an app that lets me extract still images from the videos I record. I've searched Google Play, but cant seem to find anything worth while getting. I thought my previous GN2, running Jelly Bean, used to have this video to still extraction ability, but cant seem to do the same thing on my GN3.

Thanks!
CGordonn

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can do this both while taking the video and while playing it.

While recording the video click on the camera on screen to take a still pic - the video will keep recording.

To take a still pic while playing the video in the stock video player you need to go to settings and enable it first. It is not in the general settings that are available when you first open the app. You have to start playing the video first and then go to settings, which brings up a separate menu. Enable the Capture option. Then when you go back to playing your video, you can press the onscreen camera (towards the top of the screen) to take a pic from the video.

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU! I knew the app could do it, just didn't know where that setting had been hidden.

Posted via Android Central App

David Plut

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU! I knew the app could do it, just didn't know where that setting had been hidden.

Posted via Android Central App

Droid turbo, JellyBean
I too am having trouble finding a way to capture images/photos from already recorded video. This seems simple but the video player settings are not showing up before or during playback.