Gallery not displaying full size image

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys and gals :)

I'm on my Note 3 in the Gallery app trying to load an image. It's a JPEG, 21.5MB, 8076 x 12183 px. The Gallery will open the image, but rather than letting me zoom in and enjoy all those sweet megapixels it only lets me pinch in a little bit before pixelating and stopping. I'd say about double. I realize this is a fairly large image, but why can't I zoom in? Anyone know how I can zoom in, or maybe a different app that can handle +30 megapixel images? Thanks!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just a quickie - did you look at details in menu to see if it loaded the full image or compressed it. Did you drag and drop from a pc or card.
OK that's 2 questions.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just a quickie - did you look at details in menu to see if it loaded the full image or compressed it. Did you drag and drop from a pc or card.
OK that's 2 questions.

Not sure what you mean by checking in the menu to see if it's full or compressed, how do I do that?

I copied and pasted it along with several others from my computer. They are now stored on the SD card, and there are several other images in the same folder/album of similar size with the same issue.

As far as I can tell the full image is there, because the details in the Gallery app say it's 20 something MB and shows the correct dimensions. That sounds about right to me. I think it's just an issue with rendering the image.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=388203

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=376280

You found it your way, so size is not the issue. Can't really help. If you don't get an answer here, try these other 2 recent camera threads where photo buffs hung out. There is probably an app if the phone won't do it. Interesting question.

@teleburst - you around? :)
@Z06mike ?

saje3aje.jpg

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=388203

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=376280

You found it your way, so size is not the issue. Can't really help. If you don't get an answer here, try these other 2 recent camera threads where photo buffs hung out. There is probably an app if the phone won't do it. Interesting question.

@teleburst - you around? :)
@Z06mike ?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/saje3aje.jpg

Thanks. Hopefully I can figure it out or someone might know about this. I checked those other threads they don't pertain to this but some of those people might know about this. :)

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this problem myself. I have a 20 MB and a 32 MB jpg and can zoom in way more than double. I can zoom in without any pixelation to the same view as viewing it at 100% size on my computer. Not sure why you are having this issue but thought I should mention that it's not a universal problem.

Edit: Just a thought - you don't have any type of power saving or resource saving features or apps on do you?

Last edited:

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't have this problem myself. I have a 20 MB and a 32 MB jpg and can zoom in way more than double. I can zoom in without any pixelation to the same view as viewing it at 100% size on my computer. Not sure why you are having this issue but thought I should mention that it's not a universal problem.

Edit: Just a thought - you don't have any type of power saving or resource saving features or apps on do you?

No I don't. No power savings mode, but I never thought of that. Interesting idea.

Are your 20 and 32mb images in the tens of thousands in pixels each direction? I recently learned that the images I'm trying to load are 96MP.

Maybe I could send you a few and you could see if it's the pictures or the phone? I'd appreciate it :) Can I even upload an image at full quality here?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No I don't. No power savings mode, but I never thought of that. Interesting idea.

Are your 20 and 32mb images in the tens of thousands in pixels each direction? I recently learned that the images I'm trying to load are 96MP.

Maybe I could send you a few and you could see if it's the pictures or the phone? I'd appreciate it :) Can I even upload an image at full quality here?

The 20 MB pic is 21518 x 8490 and the 31.5MB pic is 12700 x 11592. I doubt you can upload files that size here but I don't remember off hand what the size limit is. If you want to upload it online somewhere and give me a link to download I will look at one or two pics and see how they view on my phone. It will have to wait until I am on WiFi to download.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos