Note 3 overheating

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't play games on my note 3 Except, Solitaire 3D Pro.
This game has a configuration called 'Animation Speed'. It also works extremely well with the Stylus.
I set the 'Animation Speed' to the fastest. On the Note 3 it is lightning fast. I enjoyed playing as fast as I could move the Stylus.
As I play The Note 3 becomes very hot around the camera lens on the back.
After a long while I decided that the heat was a problem. I don't have a heat problem with any other applications. I decided to reduce the animation speed to half.
As you can guess the heat problem evaporated.
In past years programs sometimes had a problem called 'thrashing the disk'. I suspect that I was 'thrashing the processor'.
Nothing wrong with the application, it is good. Problem was just me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't play games on my note 3 Except, Solitaire 3D Pro.
This game has a configuration called 'Animation Speed'. It also works extremely well with the Stylus.
I set the 'Animation Speed' to the fastest. On the Note 3 it is lightning fast. I enjoyed playing as fast as I could move the Stylus.
As I play The Note 3 becomes very hot around the camera lens on the back.
After a long while I decided that the heat was a problem. I don't have a heat problem with any other applications. I decided to reduce the animation speed to half.
As you can guess the heat problem evaporated.
In past years programs sometimes had a problem called 'thrashing the disk'. I suspect that I was 'thrashing the processor'.
Nothing wrong with the application, it is good. Problem was just me.

Well, the problem looks more in the hardware to me I would say rather than waiting for something bad to happen with your note I'll say it would be better to take the device to the nearest support centre for a checkup I am sure they can help you out with the heating problem. And yes one more thing I would like to share with you is normal heating of the note 3 is exactly normal sometime if your still not playing some hardcore game your device may get heated at the back side and that some sort of heating is because of the display which is put in the on position for a long time.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a third party battery? If so that may be the cause of the problem. My wife had a third party battery and it cause the phone to heat up and a message popped up saying the phone needs to cool down.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is just the processor heating up due to more demand. Mine is hot right now.. Since I have the screen on, music playing, and am using LTE to download multiple large files. If i stopped the files so the LTE and file downloads would stop it would cool down since the processor wouldn't be working.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
It is just the processor heating up due to more demand. Mine is hot right now.. Since I have the screen on, music playing, and am using LTE to download multiple large files. If i stopped the files so the LTE and file downloads would stop it would cool down since the processor wouldn't be working.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I agree. Heavy processor / screen load = heat. I know that there are other factors that will cause heat build up but in my case it was just heavy load.
I have seen many other threads related to heat build up (battery, defects etc) I wanted to make the point that the N3 is such a powerful tool that heat can build up simply by flexing it's muscle 💪 . 💥

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon