Attachments

• 2014-05-15-18-47-59.jpg
    2014-05-15-18-47-59.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

steveL332

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
After the Kit Kat update, I was having some serious battery drain. I ended up booting into recovery mode and clearing the cache. That seemed to help dramatically. I've been doing some minor phone use for the past 3 hours and I've only gone down 4%. As mentioned above, the stock browser still seems to be draining power more than it should. Is there a way to uninstall the stock browser? The standard uninstall process has the uninstall button grayed out. I would definitely switch to another browser if I can get rid of this one.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You can only turn it off or uninstall it if you are rooted. You don't have to use it though. Clear your defaults so that no app is trying to open it and then pick a browser you like.

Btw, if you want a browser that conserves both data and battery, look at Opera Mini (mini - not mobile - is important). It uses opera's servers to do the heavy lifting and caching. But this means it won't work with all content. But you can install it and see how it works with the pages you visit most.

For me, it uses less than half the power consumption and less than half the data as any other browser I've tried. Since I got the Note 3 I only use it when I'm really trying to conserve those things though because I like to use the S-pen and gesture features of the stock browser.

steveL332

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I ended up downloading the Dolphin browser. Doesn't use anywhere near the battery power the stock browser used after the kit kat update.

Posted via Android Central App

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
After the Kit Kat update, I was having some serious battery drain. I ended up booting into recovery mode and clearing the cache. That seemed to help dramatically. I've been doing some minor phone use for the past 3 hours and I've only gone down 4%. As mentioned above, the stock browser still seems to be draining power more than it should. Is there a way to uninstall the stock browser? The standard uninstall process has the uninstall button grayed out. I would definitely switch to another browser if I can get rid of this one.

Dumb question...how do you boot into recovery mode? I'm having the same battery drain issue and need to try to do something about it.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question...how do you boot into recovery mode? I'm having the same battery drain issue and need to try to do something about it.

Power down the phone.
Simultaneously press the home key, volume up key and power key.
Hold all three until you see it say recovery mode.

Edit: Fixed mistake.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I meant to type home key instead of menu. I will edit my above reply so there is no confusion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol