An app or setting to zoom out more on camera?

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if my thread title doesn't make sense. I wasn't sure how to word it.

I switched to the Note 3 from iphone. I'm generally happy with it. The one thing I noticed is that the camera seems much more zoomed in than the iphone was. In other words, if I hold the camera as far away as possible and take a picture of my wife and I, we look gigantic. Our faces take up the entire screen. When I pinch in and out on the screen, it zooms from 1.0 to 4.0. But I'd prefer a 0.5 if that were possible. Is there a setting or app that can zoom out a little more than the stock camera?

Thanks in advance for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the front-facing or rear-facing camera? You're probably going to be limited by the physical properties of the lens itself--you can't really make a lens any wider-angle than it already is. One possible solution would be to buy an external lens attachment, but I don't think that would work on a front-facing camera.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if my thread title doesn't make sense. I wasn't sure how to word it.

I switched to the Note 3 from iphone. I'm generally happy with it. The one thing I noticed is that the camera seems much more zoomed in than the iphone was. In other words, if I hold the camera as far away as possible and take a picture of my wife and I, we look gigantic. Our faces take up the entire screen. When I pinch in and out on the screen, it zooms from 1.0 to 4.0. But I'd prefer a 0.5 if that were possible. Is there a setting or app that can zoom out a little more than the stock camera?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm not sure about the front facing camera but for the rear camera I've found that the app "hd camera ultra" is a little bit more zoomed out than the stock camera.

I've attached some (crappy, ha sorry - lazily lying on my bed!) photos taken from the same distance to show the difference. It's not huge but perhaps it would be enough.

The first photo should be the hd camera app and the second the stock email app.

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1400396095381.jpg
    1400396095381.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 1400396108354.jpg
    1400396108354.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 14

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about the front facing camera but for the rear camera I've found that the app "hd camera ultra" is a little bit more zoomed out than the stock camera.

I've attached some (crappy, ha sorry - lazily lying on my bed!) photos taken from the same distance to show the difference. It's not huge but perhaps it would be enough.

The first photo should be the hd camera app and the second the stock email app.

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks a lot. I downloaded the app and it does appear to keep pictures a bit more zoomed out. I really appreciate the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers