I almost threw my phone today from sheer aggravation.

Onikrex

May 16, 2014
Visit site
So, recently, my phone has started to have an issue that is pissing me off so bad I almost want to get rid of it.

When I'm in a phone call, my "power" button doesn't work 90% of the time, or if it does, it takes about 10 seconds to register it.

So, if I'm in a call, and I get their voicemail, I CANNOT hang up before it starts recording. My phone does not turn the screen on quick enough for me to end the call. God forbid I attempt to leave a voice mail, because then they get about 10 seconds of noises while I wait impatiently for my phone to turn on the screen so I can end the call.

It is NOT the button itself causing the issues, as it works perfectly fine when I'm not in a call.

Why is it doing this, and what can I do, besides throwing it in the trash, to avoid this issue?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It basically is a setting under the phone. What the proximity sensor does is turn the screen off when you hold the phone near your face.. And turns it back on once you remove it from your face.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1400277633049.jpg
    1400277633049.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 54

Onikrex

May 16, 2014
Visit site
It basically is a setting under the phone. What the proximity sensor does is turn the screen off when you hold the phone near your face.. And turns it back on once you remove it from your face.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
I had it turned on, and just now turned if off.. I hope it helps :p

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Turning it on will make things much worse - that's not the answer. Now the screen will NOT shut off when in proximity of your face. That will cause all sorts of other issues.

So we understand, during a phone call, you have the phone up against your face; you then want to hang up - but when the phone is pulled away from your face, it doesn't light up the screen? How fast does it light up once you hit the Home button?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem as mine.. It is frustrating. Broken proximity sensor (for me). I leave it off, then just press power to talk once connected (eg so my face doesn't press the screen). When I'm done I press power to turn the screen back on. Kind of a pain but I can control the phone that way .. Could exchange it but I don't feel like it (and factory reset first) , so I deal with it that way. If I leave it on, I get the same thing you do which is maddening because you have to wait for the other party to disconnect before you can get control of your phone back (and if they don't hang up, you are stuck).

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis