Galaxy Note 3: Memory card folders help please

academy

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I never used to use a memory card with my note until recently. I bought a 64g one, popped it in and thought I had the right idea moving all my photos, videos, fils etc across. I foolishly didn't realise it wouldn't move across in their folders, I now have everything jumbled all in together!

I know I'm gonna have to spend time sorting it out, but how do I get things to go where they should next time I add something? For instance if I save a phot from twitter or Facebook, how can I get it into the appropriate folder in the Sd card? Do I need to move the app itself (or the part of the app that can move) on to the Sd card to do this?

Any help would be great

Thanks

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I never used to use a memory card with my note until recently. I bought a 64g one, popped it in and thought I had the right idea moving all my photos, videos, fils etc across. I foolishly didn't realise it wouldn't move across in their folders, I now have everything jumbled all in together!

I know I'm gonna have to spend time sorting it out, but how do I get things to go where they should next time I add something? For instance if I save a phot from twitter or Facebook, how can I get it into the appropriate folder in the Sd card? Do I need to move the app itself (or the part of the app that can move) on to the Sd card to do this?

Any help would be great

Thanks
I think the easiest way to do this would be to hook the phone to your pc and create new folders there as you move the items...just be aware if you move things to an external sd and not COPY them so there is an original on the internal sd, you may not be able to find them on phone...for example some people who move photos from stock gallery to sd are not being able to access those photos from phone gallery.

Es file explore will let you move and create new folders on external sd, but if you try to rename the original file, the phone may not recognize it.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
You have to copy them one folder at a time, that way everything will copy over in their respective folders

Posted via Android Central App