NOTE3 Advice New User.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi I've just got an update notification about an update of around 200mb is this KitKat and should I update? I've got the Note 3 Neo Version.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's KitKat it should say so in the Update description. By the size, though, it does seem like a considerable update, so KitKat IS a possibility.

Which region is your phone from? You could search for that and see if your region has received this update or if it's a stability one (a hefty one, if that).

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Look under settings, general and about phone. It should tell you what version of android it is running. I just got mine a few weeks ago and it already had kitkat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Look under settings, general and about phone. It should tell you what version of android it is running. I just got mine a few weeks ago and it already had kitkat.

I don't think he installed the update yet, or that's what I understood... He's trying to figure out IF the update is KitKat

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Well spookdroid I realize that but if he checks and be has kitkat then he'll know it's not, in probability, a kitkat update

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, mine didn't ask... it just updated itself last night! :O It was KitKat, and so far, I've only noticed it seems a bit faster, battery seems to deplete faster with screen-on (but I might just be paranoid) BUT it has improved other things that were driving me nuts before, like being able to click Facebook notifications in the lockscreen and actually being taken to the app (before, nothing happened unless I tapped the notification with the phone unlocked), the Amazon app is once again visible (for some reason only a big, black box was visible before), Themer responds better, and a few other minor improvements. So far, so good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance