note3, 10000mah zerolemon- case options?

netman86

May 24, 2014
Visit site
So after a hairy merger at work, I might be upgrading from my note 2 on short notice.
I've done a little research and the note3 is similar.
One of the gripes with the note2 I've got is that it's not in a case- I had an otterbox for an older phone and loved it, but for whatever reason that never happened here. (Phone is in rough shape at 1.5 years because of it!)

The other gripe is that if I have a busy day at work, the battery is dead by 8pm. Sometimes my day is longer than the battery- so I'd like to start off right with an extended battery... The big one. My GPS was recently stolen, so the phone is taking on that duty too- and for whatever reason I dont always think to plug in when driving.
I did some reading here and found that people are pretty happy with the 10,000mah zerolemon, but not so much the case its in.

Now- I can't find the thread off hand, but someone had modified an otterbox on a note2 to hold a 9300mah battery. Has anyone done this for the note3? If so, I think that's the ticket.

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The case is fine... It's a bit like the otter box, just a big larger... But it's built like a tank and can take a beating.

I'd get it and go with it for a bit... And then look for another if the need arises.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
So after a hairy merger at work, I might be upgrading from my note 2 on short notice.
I've done a little research and the note3 is similar.
One of the gripes with the note2 I've got is that it's not in a case- I had an otterbox for an older phone and loved it, but for whatever reason that never happened here. (Phone is in rough shape at 1.5 years because of it!)

The other gripe is that if I have a busy day at work, the battery is dead by 8pm. Sometimes my day is longer than the battery- so I'd like to start off right with an extended battery... The big one. My GPS was recently stolen, so the phone is taking on that duty too- and for whatever reason I dont always think to plug in when driving.
I did some reading here and found that people are pretty happy with the 10,000mah zerolemon, but not so much the case its in.

Now- I can't find the thread off hand, but someone had modified an otterbox on a note2 to hold a 9300mah battery. Has anyone done this for the note3? If so, I think that's the ticket.

Yup. Love the battery...the case not so much. Unlike the Otterbox, Trident and some others, you don't get that warm/fuzzy rubber feeling. It's not there. The case is thick, big, "plasticy" and somewhat of a PITA to install and disassemble. But like sweeperdk said, the cover is built like a tank (though I despise the plastic screen cover). And the extended battery life is fantastic! Hey...all things smart phone are personal. It might be worth the tradeoff - only you can decide that. If you can get an aftermarket case to install around this please post what you used and how you did it.

netman86

May 24, 2014
Visit site
well,
the note2 took a dive over the weekend. In addition to shattering the screen, the radio doesn't always work either- so a replacement came quick.

Now I've got a naked note3, and I'm feeling a bit nervous with it in my hands. I like the "leather" backing, but the phone is just too slim for its size.

Just ordered up some screen protectors (the note2 got a scratch on day 1, being more careful this time...) and the zerolemon battery/case.

Any suggestions which otterboxes to look into? I've never really looked at them, so I'm not sure where to start. The otterbox commuter doesn't look like there's much room for modification, but perhaps the defender would manage?