05-30-2014 02:21 AM
50 12
tools
    I don't think its too late. The note still has some solid specs, and is one of the few devices with 3gb of ram. The snap800 still performs great and should for the foreseeable future. Plus you can get notes pretty cheap on eBay.
    05-26-2014 12:48 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Snapdragon 805, Flexible, 4K Display In The Works?

Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Snapdragon 805, Flexible, 4K Display In The Works? | Know Your Mobile

Here are 4 killer features Samsung will reportedly add to the Galaxy Note 4

https://bgr.com/2014/05/23/samsung-g...ored-features/

Insider claims to reveal launch date for Samsungs Galaxy Note 4

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Revealed? | BGR
    Just like the s5 was supposed to have metal body, 2k display, snap805. Yeah rumors and unrealistic expectations kill devices before they even launch
    05-26-2014 12:51 PM
    It's best you wait for the note 4, since it will be released soon.

Posted via Android Central App
    How is September Soon? Thats a good 3 Months away and the note 4 will be a minor spec upgrade... Yeah it will be better but to wait 3 months for it? Naa The note 3 is a great phone.
    05-26-2014 02:20 PM
    Just like the s5 was supposed to have metal body, 2k display, snap805. Yeah rumors and unrealistic expectations kill devices before they even launch
    The s5 was NEVER supposed to have the snapdragon 805 cpu... it isn't even out yet for mass production yet alone to put in a phone... 805 will be ready by the time the Note 4 comes out so it is pretty much a given that will be in the Note 4
    05-26-2014 02:22 PM
    The s5 was NEVER supposed to have the snapdragon 805 cpu... it isn't even out yet for mass production yet alone to put in a phone... 805 will be ready by the time the Note 4 comes out so it is pretty much a given that will be in the Note 4
    Well some "rumors" had it having that. Which is why I said about that. Not to mention the 805 has no integrated lte modem so it will have an extra radio that will require more battery. I am waiting for the 808/810.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    05-26-2014 04:59 PM
    I bought one today. Not even worried about the note 4 or the LG G3.

Spencerdl, Aquila and Premium1 like this.
    05-26-2014 06:46 PM
    I bought one today. Not even worried about the note 4 or the LG G3.

ConGrats on your new NOTE3....SMILE
    Aquila likes this.
    05-26-2014 07:06 PM
    Dont buy it wait and save for the note 4 it will be 100% better

Posted from my note 3 :3
    05-27-2014 01:41 AM
    It's a great device and will be when note 4 is out too.
    05-27-2014 02:15 AM
    I don't think it will be too late for the Note 3 until it's about time for the Note 5 to come out.
    05-27-2014 03:18 AM
    Well, I just got one 2 weeks ago and I don't feel it's too late, and I know the 4 is due out in the fall. I was ready for a new phone now, not in 4 months. I just jumped ship from the iPhone and have not regretted it.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-27-2014 04:49 AM
    i think the key determinant is - what device do you have now? how antiquated is it and can you hang on a few more months?
    05-27-2014 05:26 AM
    Here's the release schedule so far:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_.../iph_dates.png

Based on this, if I were going to pick a date for the iPhone 6, it'd be September 19th or possibly September 26th, but I'd lean harder to the 19th as that's 364 days. However, ignoring the anomaly between 2010 and 2011 (when they moved from Summer to Fall), any Friday between August 29th to October 3rd would be fair game: 8/29, 9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26 or 10/3.
    Mid to late Sept would be my guess too.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    05-27-2014 02:26 PM
    Well some "rumors" had it having that. Which is why I said about that. Not to mention the 805 has no integrated lte modem so it will have an extra radio that will require more battery. I am waiting for the 808/810.
    In this day and age, probably not much more battery. My note 2 had a separate lte modem and still got excellent battery life, better than my note 3 for my uses. Obviously there are other differences involved but it doesn't necessarily have to mean substantially worse battery life

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    05-27-2014 02:29 PM
    Well, I just got one 2 weeks ago and I don't feel it's too late, and I know the 4 is due out in the fall. I was ready for a new phone now, not in 4 months. I just jumped ship from the iPhone and have not regretted it.
    Welcome to Android Central and ConGrats on your new Note3....ENJOY
    05-27-2014 09:10 PM
    I was looking at tablets priced around $300 to give as a gift and I was shocked as to how few I was able to find in that price range that had at least the same amount of internal memory as the Note 3. Maybe it's not much to consider, but there aren't too many devices out there currently available that have 3GB of memory. Based on what I was able to find, the iPhone 5s only has around 1GB of memory, which sure iOS probably doesn't need as much memory, but that's like saying a Honda Civic doesn't need as much gasoline as a Ferrari IMO. But I'm sure the iPhone fans will chime in and tell me how 1GB is still superior to 3GB, they always do
    05-28-2014 05:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central and ConGrats on your new Note3....ENJOY
    Thanks for the welcome! Yes-I love the thing and am enjoying it totally!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-28-2014 07:48 AM
    I was looking at tablets priced around $300 to give as a gift and I was shocked as to how few I was able to find in that price range that had at least the same amount of internal memory as the Note 3. Maybe it's not much to consider, but there aren't too many devices out there currently available that have 3GB of memory. Based on what I was able to find, the iPhone 5s only has around 1GB of memory, which sure iOS probably doesn't need as much memory, but that's like saying a Honda Civic doesn't need as much gasoline as a Ferrari IMO. But I'm sure the iPhone fans will chime in and tell me how 1GB is still superior to 3GB, they always do
    LOL! I have to chuckle! Yes, iPhone fans say a lot! I come from 7 years of an iPhone. My last one was the 4S and I was due for an upgrade last year but waited until this month. I decided to jump ship. I never thought I would change phone platforms because of the investment in apps and all, but I realized I wanted more options and I ran out of storage memory on my 16GB iPhone and didn't feel like having to delete things to make space just to be able to grab a picture of something. The 32GB iPhone is the same contracted price as the Note 3 on my carrier but the Note had so much more to offer with a micro SD card so now I have even more space and will never run out just when I was trying to grab a picture. I have never been an Android basher and do have a GalaxyTab Plus 7.0 that is about 2 years old, but was very attached to iOS. But Android definitely offers so much more and I realized this and no regrets.
    05-28-2014 08:01 AM
    LOL! I have to chuckle! Yes, iPhone fans say a lot! I come from 7 years of an iPhone. My last one was the 4S and I was due for an upgrade last year but waited until this month. I decided to jump ship. I never thought I would change phone platforms because of the investment in apps and all, but I realized I wanted more options and I ran out of storage memory on my 16GB iPhone and didn't feel like having to delete things to make space just to be able to grab a picture of something. The 32GB iPhone is the same contracted price as the Note 3 on my carrier but the Note had so much more to offer with a micro SD card so now I have even more space and will never run out just when I was trying to grab a picture. I have never been an Android basher and do have a GalaxyTab Plus 7.0 that is about 2 years old, but was very attached to iOS. But Android definitely offers so much more and I realized this and no regrets.
    I guess I should've been a little more specific, the amount of RAM in the Note 3 is what I think will help keep it relevant. But you are also correct about the internal storage and the access to external memory. At one point I came close to buying the HTC One but the fact that they didn't give you a micro SD slot made it an easy choice for me to go with the Note 3.
    05-28-2014 08:07 AM
    I currently have the s3 which I enjoy but eventually I want the Note 3 when it's more affordable. I'm with a phone company called Ting and right now it's $700 for the Note 3. I'm waiting till they have the byod program for Note 3 so I can buy a used sprint one for cheaper.

05-28-2014 08:24 AM
    Why buy the note 4 then? The Note 5 I heard will be better then the note 4
    05-29-2014 01:06 AM
    fallacious argument. the 4 is right around the corner. the 5 is not.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    05-29-2014 06:14 AM
    Not sure why my reply deserves that kind of reply to be honest
    anon8380037 likes this.
    05-29-2014 08:07 AM
    Agreed. Yes, the Note 4 will be better but so what? Do you have to have the latest and greatest? Now, you can get a good deal on the Note 3 and enjoy Now.

For me, it's been @ 8 months with my Note 3. It's still awesome. Probably, I'm going keep it until the Note 5.
    05-29-2014 11:28 PM
    Agreed. Yes, the Note 4 will be better but so what? Do you have to have the latest and greatest? Now, you can get a good deal on the Note 3 and enjoy Now.

For me, it's been @ 8 months with my Note 3. It's still awesome. Probably, I'm going keep it until the Note 5.
    Agreed and Alot can't afford the latest and greatest every year. It's like the S4 is still a great device even though the S5 is out too.
    05-30-2014 02:21 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD