Is it too late for the note 3?

PxuLL

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am quite sceptical about purchasing this device in the near future hopefully the price drops a bit. Also I want know if its future proof enough because it has got pretty good specs.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The hardware should be more than fine, it's still in line with devices being released currently. As far as price drops go, I'd expect a slight drop towards the end of Summer when the Note 4 is getting ready to be released, but otherwise just keep an eye open on Amazon, etc for sales and use price matching to your advantage.

PxuLL

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The hardware should be more than fine, it's still in line with devices being released currently. As far as price drops go, I'd expect a slight drop towards the end of Summer when the Note 4 is getting ready to be released, but otherwise just keep an eye open on Amazon, etc for sales and use price matching to your advantage.

I can get one brand new on ebay here in the uk for about ?300.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your needs. But performance wise, the s5 has the 801 which is slightly faster. The Note 3 may get the 805 which is slightly faster than that. But not a huge xpu upgrade. Now the gpu does have a nice upgrade between the 800 and 805 so gaming might be a consideration. Then again, due to it's plastic body, the Galaxy devices are not ideal for gaming anyway.

There are of course other improvements and additions, so it depends on what you need. But performance wise, I think that the note 3 would hold its own against upcoming phones this year.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Depends on your definition of future proof. A new Note 4 is supposedly going to be announced or released around August or September.

No cell phone is future proof. Take Apple. They come out with a new phone every 6-8 months.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's true you can get a new in box, SM-N9005, EU Region for ?300 on eBay.
Add ?70 - 80 to be sure.

If you can get it for ?300 - 380 it's a no brainer, it trumps everything out there for 200-300 more. You can barely buy mid range older phones at that price. If you want an M8 or S5 for 550ish you're paying a premium.
Now is a great time to buy a Note 3. Selling one, not so good. Don't risk one at ?300, any Note 3 can have a fault so you want to be able to get a replacement.
I bought mine on eBay sealed ex Amazon for ?450 in late November. That was a great buy then. Get a proper one at ?370 - 380.
Oh, and once you adjust to the size, and you have already thought of that by your question, there is still nothing near as good out there. I just wish it had a newer UI, but that can be fixed if you want to tinker, I don't.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I just went for it myself.

Coming from an iPhone 5S, and being a bit bored with iOS, I spent quite a bit of time looking at different phones.

I ended up with the Note 3 three or four weeks ago... Had a tad of buyers remorse, and looked at others, to see if I should switch again.

Nothing out there met my needs, like the Note 3 does, so I'm sticking with it. I doubt anything at all will tickle my fancy prior to the Note 4...

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I am quite sceptical about purchasing this device in the near future hopefully the price drops a bit. Also I want know if its future proof enough because it has got pretty good specs.

Battery, CPU, screen, stylus. It's gonna last a while. That said, maybe in a year there will be a phone with 5000mAh silver battery. Ya got to get something eventually, just don't get a 1.5GHz duo at this late time.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just went for it myself.

Coming from an iPhone 5S, and being a bit bored with iOS, I spent quite a bit of time looking at different phones.

I ended up with the Note 3 three or four weeks ago... Had a tad of buyers remorse, and looked at others, to see if I should switch again.

Nothing out there met my needs, like the Note 3 does, so I'm sticking with it. I doubt anything at all will tickle my fancy prior to the Note 4...

Why did you have buyer's remorse? I went from an iPhone 5 to note 3 and thought to myself "why didn't I switch to the Note 3 sooner!"

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Why did you have buyer's remorse? I went from an iPhone 5 to note 3 and thought to myself "why didn't I switch to the Note 3 sooner!"

Not so much buyers remorse, more "I wonder if that Nokia 1520 is better"...

Needless to say, it's nowhere near the Note 3. Nice looking device, excellent battery life, and great camera... But other than that... No contest at all.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Not so much buyers remorse, more "I wonder if that Nokia 1520 is better"...

Needless to say, it's nowhere near the Note 3. Nice looking device, excellent battery life, and great camera... But other than that... No contest at all.

Ah I gotcha! :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
"It's never too late...... la la la la ..... you've still got time..... la la la.."

Go Kylie.

Thanks Ivan. I'll be singing that in my sleep now.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got mines the other day. Off contract of course. You can get one for around 350 - if you don't mind paying that much. That's still a steal for a used Note 3 nowadays.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I see no reason not to get the note 3 I just got mine Thursday and it's a great device. If your gonna hold out for the note 4 keep I'm mind if it comes with the 805 and a GHD display gaming will be comororable to what you have now with the note 3. The cpu upgrade will be negligible. I say if you like it get it.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's best you wait for the note 4, since it will be released soon.

Posted via Android Central App

In August or September. I say get the Note 3 now and you can upgrade when the Note 4 comes out. Probably can trade in the Note 3 for a decent trade in amount

Knightflt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I just got the s5 a couple weeks ago coming from a iPhone I have been jailbreaking for a long time and many mods but really got sick of Apple with there same ole same Ole every time new software came out there was no jailbreak for the longest time. I have done most of the tweets that I had on the iPhone from downloads from the play store without even rooting how bad is that? I will never go back to crapple but after thinking this was a big jump for me as far as screen size from the iPhone now I wish I would have got the note 3 lol so I will defenently get the note 4

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance