silencing a single contact?

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a contact in my phone(celly) that I recieve 100+ text from a day. On my blackberry I was able to turn the text tone off and the vibration off of just that contact. Is there any way I can do that on the note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Divorce?

I went through all the Contact and Sound settings and like you couldn't see a way to select 'none' in message notifications for one contact. I guess another app or Hangouts might do it.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ahh. You won't need the number of a hit-man either then!

I tried putting a contact in a new group but that doesn't work.
I am just curious if it can be done, it should be.
I think I had a similar need in the distant past.
As Deb above said, maybe a sound profile app.

It's a quiet Sunday so it may take a while for someone with a direct solution.

Calling all BlackBerry converts! - - - - -

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
qeve5e9u.jpg

u4umazu6.jpg

abudatem.jpg

I think I found a convoluted way of doing it. You can select to allow all messages but untick the one you don't want.
You can choose to receive calls but not texts except from the Custom list, which in your case is everyone bar one number.
Of course you can also use blocking mode at night for calls and/or texts at the hours you choose.
Not 100% sure this will work, but you might want to give it a try, and I / we would appreciate the feedback.

ON EDIT: What the difference is between going to Allowed Contacts and Allowed Contact List I can't figure.

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to your contacts and edit that contact. You can choose message alert there and set to silent.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't choose silent or none on my contacts. A heap of ringtones for calls and messages but no option for none.
Only 'None' in default Notification sounds and ringtones.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh, ok, well they can just record their own silent track and use that.

If anyone doesn't have a file manager installed that lets them choose their own ringtone files, you can install ES file explorer for that purpose.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think Blocking Mode will work at all times, and still be used for other things.
Samsung Mesages can also be set to silent, but for all contacts.

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
ON EDIT: What the difference is between going to Allowed Contacts and Allowed Contact List I can't figure.

Allowed Contacts is just where you choose the option of what to allow. Allowed Contact list is the custom list of contacts. When you choose custom under Allowed Contacts for the first time, it sends you to the Allowed Contact List to add contacts since you don't have any yet. If you choose one of the other options it doesn't. If you have already chosen Custom before and added people to your list, then it will not send you there again if you choose custom. It assumes you want to use your pre-existing custom list. You click on the List option to edit it instead.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Allowed Contacts is just where you choose the option of what to allow. Allowed Contact list is the custom list of contacts. When you choose custom under Allowed Contacts for the first time, it sends you to the Allowed Contact List to add contacts since you don't have any yet. If you choose one of the other options it doesn't. If you have already chosen Custom before and added people to your list, then it will not send you there again if you choose custom. It assumes you want to use your pre-existing custom list. You click on the List option to edit it instead.

But I'm Irish. We don't do logic.

I knew there would be some reason, but I didn't have time to figure it for the OP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy