So who else uses NFC for tap to pay???

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It scares me. They will introduce it on London Underground / Subway and buses here soon. Trying to get money back from these people already when there are constant errors from travel card swipe points and turnstiles is often futile, and worse trying to prove you were not committing a fares offense. Nightmare.
I recently got my first contactless debit card which I don't like. These same station swipe points have been known to debit both your topped up transport (Oyster) card and a contactless card at the same time, and it's your fault even if one is in a pocket wallet and one is in your hand.
I can turn off NFC, but you never know.
I may have to swipe a travel card while holding my phone 7 feet in the air.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well that's something. You have busy hubs in the US, but there's barely enough time to have a second swipe with a dodgy card or receiver at a terminal here before 16 people pile on top of each other. I guess there will have to be a quick way to confirm payment. But once you're in you go straight onto a down escalator and lose a signal.
Anyway I can see them using the trial and error method here at first. Our error, then our trial.
(Hey - that was good!)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I cannot find this screen in my wallet app to save my life. Neither do I find "tap and Pay" settings as described in the help section. How do I get to this?

On the "my wallet" screen (should be the first screen that opens when you log in with your PIN) you should have your wallet balance on the left, and the credit card that you associated with your GW on the right, just tap the credit card icon.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Curious if it takes a few days longer than a card for a purchase to appear in your account, which would irritate me. I'm sure I could use Google Wallet here but I haven't looked in to it. I think NFC phone payments have been advertised. I'm at the age where technology has to come to me.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Curious if it takes a few days longer than a card for a purchase to appear in your account, which would irritate me. I'm sure I could use Google Wallet here but I haven't looked in to it. I think NFC phone payments have been advertised. I'm at the age where technology has to come to me.

Outside the US, you can only use Google Wallet online. You may have other NFC pay apps available to you though.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
On the "my wallet" screen (should be the first screen that opens when you log in with your PIN) you should have your wallet balance on the left, and the credit card that you associated with your GW on the right, just tap the credit card icon.

It is working for you, correct?

Are you rooted and do you have a modded version of GW? What carrier are you using?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about GW, but with Isis, I see the payment in just a couple of mins.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Tap to pay didn't work for me before Kitkat. With the Kitkat update, I was able to start using it. I have Sprint, unrooted.

It doesn't seem like Isis works with Sprint.

And to whoever said you can get a card with Isis ...

20140529_224400.jpg

20140529_224411.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Tap to pay didn't work for me before Kitkat. With the Kitkat update, I was able to start using it. I have Sprint, unrooted.

It doesn't seem like Isis works with Sprint.

And to whoever said you can get a card with Isis ...

View attachment 120692

View attachment 120693

So the Note 3's on Sprint are working. That means there is something different in your build of KitKat or GW.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok,,, again,, I have sprint and before the latest update tap and pay did not work on note 3 but since the update it works perfectly in my SPRINT note 3...I use it every day

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Screenshots.jpg.jpg

This is what I see. Nothing like what you describe. I have to go to menu to see the cards I have on my account. I also have ISIS set up on my Note to use with the AMEX Serve card and that works quite well. I see no way to use Google Wallet this way as I can find no tap and send feature in it. I thought I read somewhere that you hold your phone up to the station without even going into the app. Is that true? I wonder if having both ISIS and Google Wallet going makes a difference. ISIS was setup first.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I actually never heard of isis lol.

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING

Not quite sure how I stumbled across it (an email?) but they were offering $50 instant if you got it and tied it to the American Express Serve card (pre-paid). It was all free to sign up for and the $50 went in there right away as promised. Worked great and still does actually so right now its my preferred method for Tap and pay although I still use Google wallet and card as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech