So who else uses NFC for tap to pay???

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I looove this feature. I was at Walgreens the other day and realized I forgot my wallet, and sure enough my phone came to the rescue :D Best part is seeing the cashier's reaction, ha!

Other places I've used it include McDonald's and Macy's. I just wish there are more places that have tap to pay machines!

Anyone else?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I looove this feature. I was at Walgreens the other day and realized I forgot my wallet, and sure enough my phone came to the rescue :D Best part is seeing the cashier's reaction, ha!

Other places I've used it include McDonald's and Macy's. I just wish there are more places that have tap to pay machines!

Anyone else?

Did you use Isis?

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been using tap and pay for a while. I used it with my Nexus devices using Google Wallet and then I used it with my Note 3 with Isis. I will say that it works better with Isis. It is really cool to use, the only problem is that it isn't better than actually using a credit card to swipe or tap and pay. I like the wow factor that I get from people, but it isn't used everywhere so you still have to carry your wallet with you, which defeats the purpose of having the functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you use Isis?

Nope, Google Wallet.

I have been using tap and pay for a while. I used it with my Nexus devices using Google Wallet and then I used it with my Note 3 with Isis. I will say that it works better with Isis. It is really cool to use, the only problem is that it isn't better than actually using a credit card to swipe or tap and pay. I like the wow factor that I get from people, but it isn't used everywhere so you still have to carry your wallet with you, which defeats the purpose of having the functionality.

How is Isis better than Google Wallet?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope, Google Wallet.

Are you rooted or international? Tap and pay for Google Wallet is blocked for me. Better? I get more discounts and $1 back on each purchase, up to $50 a month, but it is all that is available to me.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it for a few years now and I still get the occasional cashier who is simply amazed when I use it.. Just this past week one cashier said "wow,, never seen that before",, so I guess it's still not really that mainstream yet.

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been using it for a few years now and I still get the occasional cashier who is simply amazed when I use it.. Just this past week one cashier said "wow,, never seen that before",, so I guess it's still not really that mainstream yet.

Everything, including Google, is saying tap and pay want work with the Note 3.

Do you guys using it have international versions?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope, Google Wallet.

It works better in certain situations. When I use Google Wallet at CVS, it prompts the cashier to ask me for the last four digits of the credit card number. Then the cashier has to put it through. With Isis, I just scan and it goes through automatically. Also, when you sign up for Isis you get $50 and a card sent to you in the mail.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Everything, including Google, is saying tap and pay want work with the Note 3.

Do you guys using it have international versions?

I haven't tried Google Wallet lately but I have heard the same thing. Isis sounds interesting too, but I'm on Sprint and it isn't available.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I've just started using it but waiting on more merchants to come on line. At least using ISIS, you get a $1 back each time (for a limited time). I like it and wish more people would go to it. I also wish when they install these things in places, that they'd actually train the staff to use. I started to use ISIS at a McDonalds near me and the crazy woman practically yelled at me "you can't use that here". I said yes I can. You have the thing right there. Not only did she have NO clue it was even there but it goes without saying that she had no clue how to use it either. :-\

On the plus side, I did use it at a local BP gas station and they knew how to use it although one of the terminals was putting up a major fuss. Such is life with new technology.

I also use Google Wallet but don't know where to actually use it for tap and pay, just ISIS.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Tap and pay works just fine with the note 3,,no I don't have a international version. After the last update tap and pay works on note 3..stuff you are reading is old. I am on sprint.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Tap and pay works just fine with the note 3,,no I don't have a international version. After the last update tap and pay works on note 3..stuff you are reading is old. I am on sprint.

I don't have the option to tap and pay with my N3, as many don't..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power