T-Mobile Note 3 Random Screen Rotation Bug / Glitch

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Since my Note 3 updated to 4.4.2, an irritating glitch has surfaced. My phone will occasionally, randomly change orientation from portrait to landscape, even though screen orientation is turned off. It happens at random times, like hitting the home key or system settings. Sometimes, screen rotation has been magically turned on, so the screen orientation reverts when I turn the phone. But most of the time, screen orientation is still off, so I have to turn rotation on, turn my phone, and then turn rotation back off - a real pain. I haven't been able to identify any common characteristics about when it happens. The actions that triggers will work fine most of the time, then out of nowhere the next time I get this problem.

Has anybody else experienced this?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have had the screen rotate occasionally for a long time with the setting off. One of the minor reasons I went for a factory reset yesterday after 6 months use. It hasn't recurred yet, but before I might not see it for a week or two. I got KK about 10 weeks ago, but I think it was there before then. I was thinking of a faulty gyro sensor but then it's doing it's job, so a software issue turning it on I guess.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro