Transferring Voice notes onto Computer

tomgriff

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am having difficulty with transfering voicenotes from my Note 3 to my macbook pro. I am using the pre-installed standard 'Voice Recorder' app.

I know I am able to share the voicenotes via email and then download onto my computer, but the problem I have is that the voicenotes are quite large files so I'm unable to attach to emails.

I have the Kies software which allows me to only download photos, videos and music from my phone, but no option for voicemails/texts etc.

Is there a way around downloading my voicenotes and is there any other Android software which rivals the simple and effective iTunes for iphone phones?? I have downloaded the Android file transfer software but it never works. It never recognises my connection.

I would really, really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks guys,

Griff
;)

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if the Mac Kies does things differently, but on my Windows 7 machine, the voice recordings are backed up in the Music folder under Sounds. The location on the computer that I can find them are {YourSpecifiedBackupLocation}\samsung\Kies3\backup\SM-N900T\SM-N900T_{phonenumber}\SM-N900T_{dateandtime}\Music\Sounds\

You know, you can also set the Voice Recorder to save files on the SD card, which would make transfer to your computer very easy.

The WIndows version of Kies 3 backs up much much more than what you listed above, so if those are really the only options it gives you, then if you also have a Windows PC available to you, I would recommend using that. The built in Windows file explorer also lets you drag and drop all these files on your phone to your computer without using Kies. If you only have a Mac available then someone else will have to give you advice about that.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol