Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Catch Every Moment of UFC 245 Experience UFC PPV events like never before with ESPN+ and save over 25%!

Expand Minimize
08-01-2014 02:24 AM
40 12
tools
    That's what I was thinking, with apps on the card especially.

I definitely think card out has made a big difference, but I can be a bit flaky

My phone lost only 11% in about 12 hours yesterday and Saturday, though little screen time. 20% in 14 hrs with more use. Still good today with heavier use. GPS usually on but little difference. I will see how it goes but in no rush to chose a 32 or 64gb card.

Today

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    06-02-2014 12:50 PM
    everyone that has updated to the new kit kat 4.4 have your problem. I have the 9005 LTE and still running on 4.3 and doing a very heavy use, I get 12 hours and a regular I do from 6:30am to 9:00pm and still have 35-40% battery.
    06-02-2014 10:02 PM
    I am going to give my opinion, the new KIT KAT 4.4 has one flaw. It uses more battery then the 4.3..I will admit that I use an app called CLEAN MASTER. Everytime I'm done with the phone and before putting it down or sometimes I do it 4-5 times in a day and that is to use the boost button that comes with the app and it lowers my ram use to 1.05gb to 1.25gb ram from 3gb.
    06-02-2014 10:12 PM
    The sad news for you, is that the app "Cleanmaster" that you think is so great, is running all the time, even when you uncheck everything and exit the program.

It's a piece of crap...I had it and saw that it does nothing more than the native running apps widget, but unlike that widget, it runs resident all the time. You can enter developer mode, watch all the running processes on screen, and you'll see "Cleanmaster" running all the time.

That's usually the issue with many so-called "free" apps; they run resident and they send usage stats and all sorts of tracking data back to the developer. The developer sells that data and that's how they make their living, but you wouldn't know that without a lot of digging.

This app does nothing for you, except dump running apps and empty memory on demand, same as the running apps widget, but it also sits there and consumes battery and data. The worst part, is that the free memory you see, is a result of dumping all the running apps, many of which come right back a few seconds later and the ones that don't and are most frequently used, take CPU clicks to reload when you need them, causing more battery drain than leaving them running. Android isn't like Windows; it wants to fill memory and keep the apps running for best performance and battery. There's plenty of info on the web to back that up too...

I dumped it a few days ago -

KitKat takes less battery than Jelly Bean did on both my Note 3's. You haven't installed it, you really don't know anything about it and your comments on it are pretty much baseless. Sorry...but that's the reality of it.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-02-2014 10:34 PM
    Looks like my problem is solved. Thankyou guys.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 3 battery issues-screenshot_2014-06-03-08-37-50.jpg  
    06-02-2014 11:42 PM
    Hello all, I'm getting a Note 3 within the next week. I'm curious what kind of battery life can I expect to get? I use a blackberry Q10 right now and my phone will last me about 10-12 hours with average use. Just want to make sure I made the right decision.
    06-02-2014 11:42 PM
    The sad news for you, is that the app "Cleanmaster" that you think is so great, is running all the time, even when you uncheck everything and exit the program.

It's a piece of crap...I had it and saw that it does nothing more than the native running apps widget, but unlike that widget, it runs resident all the time. You can enter developer mode, watch all the running processes on screen, and you'll see "Cleanmaster" running all the time.

That's usually the issue with many so-called "free" apps; they run resident and they send usage stats and all sorts of tracking data back to the developer. The developer sells that data and that's how they make their living, but you wouldn't know that without a lot of digging.

This app does nothing for you, except dump running apps and empty memory on demand, same as the running apps widget, but it also sits there and consumes battery and data. The worst part, is that the free memory you see, is a result of dumping all the running apps, many of which come right back a few seconds later and the ones that don't and are most frequently used, take CPU clicks to reload when you need them, causing more battery drain than leaving them running. Android isn't like Windows; it wants to fill memory and keep the apps running for best performance and battery. There's plenty of info on the web to back that up too...

I dumped it a few days ago -

KitKat takes less battery than Jelly Bean did on both my Note 3's. You haven't installed it, you really don't know anything about it and your comments on it are pretty much baseless. Sorry...but that's the reality of it.
    I agree with you. I used such apps back when i had a galaxy s2 (my first android phone) and soon realized that they are useless, as all the native apps and widgets had to reload which made the phone sluggish.

06-02-2014 11:44 PM
    Hello all, I'm getting a Note 3 within the next week. I'm curious what kind of battery life can I expect to get? I use a blackberry Q10 right now and my phone will last me about 10-12 hours with average use. Just want to make sure I made the right decision.
    My battery last for around 20 hours with screen on time of 5-6 hours depending on usage.

Jamie Wooten and Jalopiejoe like this.
    06-02-2014 11:59 PM
    My average is between

4.30-5 hours screen time
    1 day+ total

Been getting 1 day, 15 hours recently
    06-03-2014 10:17 AM
    Looks like my problem is solved. Thankyou guys.

How you sort everything?
    06-03-2014 10:17 AM
    How you sort everything?
    Sorry, what do you mean by sorting everything?

06-03-2014 12:17 PM
    Sorry, what do you mean by sorting everything?

Your improved battery life?
    06-03-2014 12:20 PM
    Your improved battery life?

The only thing I have off are google now and location reporting and history set to off (but location service is still on using wireless only). Also I have "scan ...using wifi" in wifi advanced setting to off.

06-03-2014 06:32 PM
    I have noticed a marked improvement since I reluctantly disabled Google Now. I've been testing various scenarios since Kit Kat and it does appear (at least for me) that Google Now is causing some of my battery issues.

In the three days since I disabled it, my battery drain has slowed to pre-update levels.

06-03-2014 11:16 PM
    Has anyone tried leaving there location, gps and, sync off unless ur using it.. Only thing I ever have on is: sound, screen rotation and wifi when in use.. Also froze, S note and un installed my magazine and a few other through titanium backup
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    08-01-2014 02:24 AM
40 12