If you had to decide today.....

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Would you get the Note 3 or the S5?

I'm asking because I'm upgrading in about 3 weeks.

I have the LG G2 now. Good device, but I'm ready for something different.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Note 3... The s5 801 cpu is a minor upgrade but the gpu is the same. The note 3 you get 32gb of storage and 3gb of ram

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The s-pen and 32gb of memory make the Note 3 the better choice for me personally. I was just speaking with a friend the other day and recommended the S5 to her. She didn't have any interest in the s-pen and she only needs the storage for photos and music so she can use an SD card with no worries. The S5 is a great phone. I just wouldn't choose it over the Note 3 for my use.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If I had to choose between one of those, I would get the Note 3. If I could make myself wait for a few months, I would wait for the Note 4. If the rumors are to be believed, its going to be a nice upgrade.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting points.

The S5's water resistance is the main reason I'm even considering it. However, the the Note 3 seems more functional for my needs, driven by the S-pen feature and screen size.

I haven't done much research yet, but it looks like there are some great devices coming out soon. Namely the LG G3, Sony Xperia Z2, and the Note 4. It may be just worth waiting.....

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
If I had to choose between one of those, I would get the Note 3. If I could make myself wait for a few months, I would wait for the Note 4. If the rumors are to be believed, its going to be a nice upgrade.

This.. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
It really depends on your preferences. I just upgraded 3 wks ago from iPhone and briefly debated between these two and opted for the Note 3 because I wanted the larger screen and pen. I'm so glad I got it. Didn't feel like waiting a few months for the 4 as I was ready now. Always the next something is around the bend. Might have waited for the 4 had it been only a month until release but not 4 months.

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If I was in the market to buy a phone TODAY, even though I like the water resistant S5 capabilities, I would get the Note3 for several reasons, but mostly because of the 32gb, screen real estate and S-Pen.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Would you get the Note 3 or the S5?

I'm asking because I'm upgrading in about 3 weeks.

I have the LG G2 now. Good device, but I'm ready for something different.

My wife has a new S5, nice phone. But I would pick the N3 every time. I love mine. Bigger screen, s-pen.... Can't wait for the N4!!! ;)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I would get note 3 . My thing with devices is the biggest, best quality device. Right now, spec wise, the Note 3 is still the best biggest phone out there.

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd get the LG G3. It looks like a damn good phone. I'm not impressed with Samsung products lately.

Well he said he had a g2 and wants something different... Obviously the g3 isn't something "different" (it obviously is but more like evolution). Also as far as the g3 goes meh a 3000 mah battery with a qhd 5.5 inch screen probably has the battery life that's worse then the g2

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 3 no question. I love the larger screen

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Note 3. Larger screen, spen and the associated OS extensions. It's clearly a personal choice but for myself....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app