Downgrading to 4.3

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My dad updated his Note 3 to 4.4.2, he wants to downgrade to 4.3 Jellybean, is there a way to downgrade? Backing up his EFS folder then downgrade? If he loses the EFS folder he can restore it as far as I know. Please answer as soon as possible and explain your answer.

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know, the only way to downgrade is to get the 4.3 .tar file and flash that via ODIN. You might be able to find the .tar file on Samsung's website and ODIN can be found simply by searching Google (sorry, I don't have the file handy here at work).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

You would have to use a program on your computer called Odin and find the appropriate " TAR " file package to downgrade. I am not completely familiar with downgrading newer Samsung devices, especially any that have Knox implemented in the software. I know that is a whole different ballgame when it comes to flashing and Knox security.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to flash the 4.3 ROM with Odin. I am pretty sure that will work without any issues. It would be best if you backed everything up, contacts synced to Google, copied any pictures, videos, and what not to your PC. If text messages are important, I would use Kies to back those up as well. Kies is a Samsung PC program that acts similar to iTunes, and can back up a lot of stuff text messages included.

Check this out for instructions to flash a ROM with Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

You are going to need to use the ROM from the same region as your phone. You can get the region code when you connect to Kies. It should be a 3 character in parenthesis. Ex: (Z12)

You can get files from either Sammobile, or Samsung updates. I would suggest Sammobile. Faster downloading for free.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My dad updated his Note 3 to 4.4.2, he wants to downgrade to 4.3 Jellybean, is there a way to downgrade? Backing up his EFS folder then downgrade? If he loses the EFS folder he can restore it as far as I know. Please answer as soon as possible and explain your answer.

Posted via Android Central App

Unless you have the N900W8 (Canadian phone), I don't believe downgrading the GN3 is yet possible (unless someone has recently come up with a method I'm unaware of). Here, take a look at this:

[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 - xda-developers

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Jeep is right, you are stuck with 4.4.2 for the time being unless you have the Canadian model that he referenced in his post.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513