Our house got broken into :-(

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Amongst some random stuff that got stolen the main items taken were my husband's note 3, his note 8 tablet, my laptop, Garmin GPS and my digital camera.

My husband is totally bummed as we were only out of the house 45 - 60 minutes a few miles away buying groceries and so he thought he would just leave the phone in his office to charge a little.

Thankfully they didn't find some irreplaceable items from my grandmother and his mother. But, he's still sad about his note 3 & 8 tablet being taken.

Hopefully we will be able to find the (insert expletives here) who stole from us. Not a great start to shabbat/the weekend!

Posted via Android Central App

AzharB17

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So sorry, my mother's Blackberry Z10 also got stolen, really wish all these thieves would stop. Worst thing is that u can't even track it when its off

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So sorry to hear that.
Bet you have been mad as hell, and a little traumatised.
Going to be hard to put any replacement devices back. I hope insurance helps a little.
Sounds like an opportunist who grabbed what could be seen.

I hope you can get back to normal soon.
It's very unlikely to happen again.

Makes me think maybe cloud storage is not so bad after all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
True but that's not going to help with the stolen items, only what they replace them with.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

As long as there is an internet connection, you can install remotely from the Play Store. You'd want to do this with one of the apps that are set up with default settings that make them enabled upon install. Also, Android Device Manager is already in the settings on the Note 3, if she/her husband has it enabled.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear that! Try the Android Device Manager to lock and wipe data if you enabled it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's horrible, sorry to hear that

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
That really sucks, but might've been worse had you guys been there.

Try this, you might just get lucky! You can install it after you're phone gets taken.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That sucks :(. I am sorry this happened... I hate thieves.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Gutted for you pet, would hope they find them and give him/her what for :(

Last edited by a moderator:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
From the Google Play site: (Note: Plan B only works with 2.0 - 2.3 versions of Android). FYI.

AndroidLost app should work. But she didn't say they didn't have an app installed already anyway. And Android Device Manager is built-in - as long as they didn't disable it. Unfortunately, a smart thief will take the steps to make all these apps useless. There are a lot of thieves who are not very smart, however, and I certainly hope they do get caught.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
AndroidLost app should work. But she didn't say they didn't have an app installed already anyway. And Android Device Manager is built-in - as long as they didn't disable it. Unfortunately, a smart thief will take the steps to make all these apps useless. There are a lot of thieves who are not very smart, however, and I certainly hope they do get caught.

Just installed this on my GN3 and my wife's GS5. So far so good...I like it. She liked it too, until I told her I could see where she was shopping!! LOL!

Sorry...I didn't mean to make light of your loss. I hope you recover your belongings posthaste.

MkVsTheWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Karma will catch up with these kids sooner or later. I know it bites now, but at least you are OK. Your husband's phone and tablet are replaceable, unlike yourself or those family memorabilia.

Side note: I have a large dog and I've been told that he is a burglar-deterrent. People in my neighborhood have had break-ins and all of them didn't have dogs. Of course, who wants to wrestle with Cujo to steal a smartphone? Maybe you could rescue a sweet and lovable dog from the local pound or rescue. :)

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Karma will catch up with these kids sooner or later. I know it bites now, but at least you are OK. Your husband's phone and tablet are replaceable, unlike yourself or those family memorabilia.

Side note: I have a large dog and I've been told that he is a burglar-deterrent. People in my neighborhood have had break-ins and all of them didn't have dogs. Of course, who wants to wrestle with Cujo to steal a smartphone? Maybe you could rescue a sweet and lovable dog from the local pound or rescue. :)

What kind of dog is he?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet