How can I change the contact address layout from USA to UK?

Soundscape57

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

I'm really pleased with my Note 3 which I've had for a few weeks. However, although this European Model phone was supplied by the Carphone Warehouse here in the UK, the contact address format seems to be set for the USA - you guys have zip codes and State names, we have county names and post codes.

I've had a good look around the settings but can't see how to change the format. Anyone know how please?

Thanks!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I am not sure yet, but do you think you might have input United States instead of United Kingdom on start up.
I can't remember if this happens, though I reset my phone 2 weeks ago.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK with a N3 off Amazon.

It's the same layout for me, as on my previous Samsung. You can enter a postcode just the same.
It may cause an issue for your needs where it doesn't for me.

It sadly made me realise my contact list is now a complete and utter mess. I have no addresses anymore.

This is down to accidental and/or automatic or mistakenly agreed merging and syncing of device, sim, Yahoo, Samung, Google, Kies, MS Outlook 2007 (!) and heaven knows what else.
It kept getting worse, but I didn't know it was this bad. I recently did a factory reset as well.

I am having a major downer on Android again right now.

dajuqary.jpg

not a real postcode:
ryje9eja.jpg

Soundscape57

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I checked the language setting which confirms it's UK English and I didn't change any feature on purchase that would change this.
Someone has mentioned Samsung are aware of this issue and will be providing an update to deal with it. When exactly, I've no idea.
The Galaxy 2 I used to have which was stolen definitely had a UK address format so it's just annoying for me to not have the same on this N3.