Have had my phone for 8 months..

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Since the very beginning of the release. Wow!
I must say it's been awesome. Coming from an iPhone it's been a different journey. My very first Android. Although, some things can be annoying, it's forgivable because the things I love about the phone makes up for it. Can't wait for the Note 4 and see what it has to offer. Cheers!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well said Jelly Bean! The Note 3 is a great device! Sure KK brought a couple hiccups for some, but end experience is still great!
I wouldn't want any other phone on the market right now as my daily driver. The Note 3 is a powerful, all around, all capable device! Is there anything that it can't do?

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Since the very beginning of the release. Wow!
I must say it's been awesome. Coming from an iPhone it's been a different journey. My very first Android. Although, some things can be annoying, it's forgivable because the things I love about the phone makes up for it. Can't wait for the Note 4 and see what it has to offer. Cheers!

Must have been a real shocker coming from iOS to Android for the first time but at least you did it up right doing it with a Note 3. I'm always curious why iPhone users actually believe that phone is the best out there.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Some things are annoying for me too. Partly some disappointment with the S-Pen functions practicalities, and other disappointments relate more to the Touchwiz menus and Android in General. However it is the best phone for me still.

I was looking at a row of naked S5's among other phones in an electronics exchange chain store. Grade A's (opened unused) now dropped over £100 to £420.
I was thinking - S5 is one of many great phones, but the Note 3 is a supreme multifunctioning device. How's that?

Last edited:

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Must have been a real shocker coming from iOS to Android for the first time but at least you did it up right doing it with a Note 3. I'm always curious why iPhone users actually believe that phone is the best out there.
I also came from an iPhone 5 to the Note 3 and the Note 3 was my first Android too.

You asked why people were on the iPhone, but for me it was the ecosystem because we had all apple stuff at home - iPad, wife has iPhone etc. But decided to take a gamble and move to the Note 3 and glad I did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

As an iOS user and former everything else (I have had tons of other devices from just about every platform), I don't believe that the iPhone is the best for everything. I do believe that it has the best overall experience when considering ecosystem, software, hardware, and accessories. I had the Note 3 on three different occasions. I really loved the phone. Actually, this last time, the only reason why I left it was because the iMessage issue was really getting to me. Most of the people that I work with have iPhones and I wasn't receiving messages. I wasn't upset about having to go back to my iPhone/iPad combination, just annoyed that it wasn't my decision to do so. l

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
As an iOS user and former everything else (I have had tons of other devices from just about every platform), I don't believe that the iPhone is the best for everything. I do believe that it has the best overall experience when considering ecosystem, software, hardware, and accessories. I had the Note 3 on three different occasions. I really loved the phone. Actually, this last time, the only reason why I left it was because the iMessage issue was really getting to me. Most of the people that I work with have iPhones and I wasn't receiving messages. I wasn't upset about having to go back to my iPhone/iPad combination, just annoyed that it wasn't my decision to do so. l

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes and I blame Apple for that as well. No reason they have to make things THAT hard. It's the same thing with our iPhones at work. WAY more difficult dealing with people switching iPhone than when we were just switching Blackberrys. And for the short time I had a personal iPhone, WAY more difficult trying to get technical support as well. If you went in the store, you got A+ service but try calling on the phone for something, and it's a major undertaking. I much rather be able to just call my carrier and talk to their technical support.

Knightflt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I went from the iphone to the galaxy s5 a month ago and i totally love this phone i had my iphone jailbroken but this phone rocks it a major win :) i have done more mods to change the look than i ever did with the iphone and not even rooted. What i found today is you can have more than one launcher so you can totally change the look from day to day if you like, its awesome. I got the wireless charger now im golden I also can't wait for the Note 4 i think for me it will be a must have...

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
For me, it was the same reason.. Ecosystem. It worked. I had to break free from that after 4 years. Was it hard? Yes! The iMessage issue was a mess but that got worked out in the end.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I went from the iphone to the galaxy s5 a month ago and i totally love this phone i had my iphone jailbroken but this phone rocks it a major win :) i have done more mods to change the look than i ever did with the iphone and not even rooted. What i found today is you can have more than one launcher so you can totally change the look from day to day if you like, its awesome. I got the wireless charger now im golden I also can't wait for the Note 4 i think for me it will be a must have...
Is this your first Android?

Knightflt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
yes i was a apple guy from the beginning but if you go back to the early phones nothing has really changed lol ya ios 7 with the flat icons but all same same it is so locked up... i like to make my phone my own and without jailbreak there is no way. The android is a techie's toy its awesome it will do so much more than a iphone

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm streaming the UFC fight right now on my note 3 through XBMC, I don't think I'd be able to do that on an Apple device it's to locked down.

Posted via Android Central App

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
yes i was a apple guy from the beginning but if you go back to the early phones nothing has really changed lol ya ios 7 with the flat icons but all same same it is so locked up... i like to make my phone my own and without jailbreak there is no way. The android is a techie's toy its awesome it will do so much more than a iphone
Did you watch the wwdc event? I see the 2 of my hours watching it. I wanted to see what was new. It was underwhelming. Everything they are going to offer on the iPhone 6, has already been out for the Android.
I was happy to know I got to experience most of it first before it came out on the iOS. Love Apple but once again, I wasn't thrilled. Excited about the Note 4!

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Long-time iOS user, since the first iPhone... I have had a couple of trips to Android just to try it out, but every time returned to iPhone in less than a month.

This time, not so... The Note 3 has been with me for a couple of months, and I just love it.

Now, being an avid OSX user, one could think that it has been difficult to do the switch, but not so much...

For me, I think it comes down to the fact that I use a lot of cloud software, which basically means that I have had no issues whatsoever... The iMessage thing could have been an issue, but I was able to work around it without problems.

Will I go back to iOS again? Maybe. I'm not a loyalist and will go for what I like... Should Apple come out with a large screen iPhone, then a switch might be in the cards.... However, Note 4 will most likely be launched around the same time, and that will most likely be a deciding factor... If Samsung create a great phone, then yeah, I will probably stay with Android :D

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Long-time iOS user, since the first iPhone... I have had a couple of trips to Android just to try it out, but every time returned to iPhone in less than a month.

This time, not so... The Note 3 has been with me for a couple of months, and I just love it.

Now, being an avid OSX user, one could think that it has been difficult to do the switch, but not so much...

For me, I think it comes down to the fact that I use a lot of cloud software, which basically means that I have had no issues whatsoever... The iMessage thing could have been an issue, but I was able to work around it without problems.

Will I go back to iOS again? Maybe. I'm not a loyalist and will go for what I like... Should Apple come out with a large screen iPhone, then a switch might be in the cards.... However, Note 4 will most likely be launched around the same time, and that will most likely be a deciding factor... If Samsung create a great phone, then yeah, I will probably stay with Android :D

I'm not an iPhone fan at all but I would still consider if they got their act together. Thing is, even if they come out with a bigger phone, all the other things about it will still be the same. Row after row of boring icons for one thing. Also, just having a bigger phone doesn't mean much given how many bigger phones are out there now. It's what you do with it that counts. That's what really sets the Note 3 apart from all the other big boys out there. The S Pen and it's accompanying software along with the apps/features that really take advantage of the big screen. No one else comes close to maximizing that real-estate like the Note 3.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I believe iOS is a very powerful operating system with one caveat - you have to be jailbroken. I'm amazed of the many awesome developers who create the much needed tweaks, mods, and creative themes and icons on iOS. My first Android device was the Nexus S which I flashed freshly baked CM7 dailies everyday. For years tweaking, modding, and themeing my phone, whether Apple or Android, was the most favorite mobile past time. Like most, I am curious on what both Apple and Samsung have in store for us, specifically, iPhone 6 and Galaxy Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an iPhone fan at all but I would still consider if they got their act together. Thing is, even if they come out with a bigger phone, all the other things about it will still be the same. Row after row of boring icons for one thing. Also, just having a bigger phone doesn't mean much given how many bigger phones are out there now. It's what you do with it that counts. That's what really sets the Note 3 apart from all the other big boys out there. The S Pen and it's accompanying software along with the apps/features that really take advantage of the big screen. No one else comes close to maximizing that real-estate like the Note 3.

The S Pen is major to me since I love to sketch and probably one of the reasons I love the Note series so much.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The S Pen is major to me since I love to sketch and probably one of the reasons I love the Note series so much.

That's great. Wish I could sketch but I fear I have not an artistic bone in my body. Sad but true. If I could choose what "talent" to be born with, it would be either painting/drawing or writing. Apparently when I was born, all the fine arts genes went somewhere else. :(

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
That's great. Wish I could sketch but I fear I have not an artistic bone in my body. Sad but true. If I could choose what "talent" to be born with, it would be either painting/drawing or writing. Apparently when I was born, all the fine arts genes went somewhere else. :(
Made me giggled!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463