Anyone know how I can access the clipboard?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see this again. Any directions never worked on mine so I use Clipper.
I remember you are supposed to see a list of clips before pasting.
I'll stand over here >> and watch. :)

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I need to delete all the things I've copied. And I don't know how to access the clipboard. Any ideas?

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

If you go to the stock browser and copy a word and then try to paste it somewhere then will the paste/clipboard comes up. Then you can access the clipboard this way, This is the only way I know how to get to the clipboard. But it works!

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If you go to the stock browser and copy a word and then try to paste it somewhere then will the paste/clipboard comes up. Then you can access the clipboard this way, I do not know an easy way to access it. But it works!
Well, that was easy! Thank you! 😂

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That wouldn't help me, except I do now have the full clipboard. Yippee. When I pressed and held before a recent factory reset, it would only say 'Paste' and not give you a choice, but just paste what was recently copied for a short period.
I had noticed a new layout only in the last few days where some new square graphic options appear when I try to cut, copy and paste something, but which made it harder to drag the start and end cursors.

I now have a full clipboard selection that I can use in Color Note or anything. I don't get what happened but yeaayyee! Thanks for asking JBG.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just reboot, Android keeps all clipboard data in RAM.

This is not true in the note 3. Clipboard data does not get erased by a reboot or clearing RAM.

In addition to the method that was already given (Madd, that will work in other apps too such as messaging or email, etc), you can access the clipboard on the stock keyboard by long-pressing the microphone and then choosing the clipboard, which is the third icon.

Once at the clipboard you have the option to clear it, but you also have other options by long-pressing on an item.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This is not true in the note 3. Clipboard data does not get erased by a reboot or clearing RAM.

In addition to the method that was already given (Madd, that will work in other apps too such as messaging or email, etc), you can access the clipboard on the stock keyboard by long-pressing the microphone and then choosing the clipboard, which is the third icon.

Once at the clipboard you have the option to clear it, but you also have other options by long-pressing on an item.

What he says!!😆👌

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I am too tired I didn't notice I was in the Note thread. Yes with TouchWiz the Clipboard is saved.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I need to delete all the things I've copied. And I don't know how to access the clipboard. Any ideas?

You can also access it in your messages app, go to an existing text thread long press in the "enter message" field and a pop up will appear click clipboard and u can delete them all from there

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well whenever I started to cut, copy and paste those white box options were never there for 6 months. They suddenly appeared and I thought it was a Clipper update. I can now see my clipboard selection, like thumbnails of screenshots on a pull up screen, but I still have no idea why they were not there before, and I cut and paste a lot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You can also access it in your messages app, go to an existing text thread long press in the "enter message" field and a pop up will appear click clipboard and u can delete them all from there

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

That's easy enough,, ;)

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
TouchWiz is an OS layer not just a launcher it changes or is involved in 95% of all operations.
That's a lot of misinformation - it's simply a UI and does little, if anything, more than that. It's not involved in any operations more than being a front end UI, which can be replaced by any number of launchers. If you do at least marginal research on it, you'll find that your previous statement is totally inaccurate.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of misinformation - it's simply a UI and does little, if anything, more than that. It's not involved in any operations more than being a front end UI, which can be replaced by any number of launchers. If you do at least marginal research on it, you'll find that your previous statement is totally inaccurate.

I will just sit back and laugh now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A few things here:

This is false. TouchWiz does have a launcher built in, but using another launcher doesn't change the fact that you're still using TouchWiz as the underlying framework. It'll still be visible in menus, features and apps dependant on that framework still work and none of those things work on other frameworks. Thinking of TouchWiz as a fork is closer to accurate than thinking of it as just a skin or launcher, but it does have more in common with stock Android than Amazon's fork, as another example. The actual closest categorization of TouchWiz is as a ROM. Removing or disabling TouchWiz is done by flashing a ROM, not by installing an app.

I will just sit back and laugh now.
Ignorance is bliss - so it doesn't surprise me!

Derailing threads with trolling, personal attacks and/or off topic conversation is inappropriate and unproductive. If you have civil contributions to helping the OP those comments are welcome. Thanks.

Micky_62

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
When you type a message you will see this little microphone besides the comma, hold down and then you can access your clipboard (There you also can delete everything in the clipboard)