Text Message Page Numbering .....

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine has an ancient cell phone, and is complaining when I send him Text Messages from my Note 3. He wants me to turn on Page Numbering, to make it easier for him to read my messages.

I can't find Page Numbering on my Note 3, and can't find any information on Page Numbering with a Google search.

Does anyone know about Page Numbering for Text Messaging?

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
There's no such thing as page numbering in text messaging. It might have been a feature back in the days when we had tiny screens, but not any longer.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
He's probably talking about a long message being split up into "pages" and being numbered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My friend claims that he has friends with smartphones that still have that feature, which number the messages, so he can read them in order. He said he may not be using the correct term though.

He is very upset with me, and wants me to enable my Page Numbering option, which the Note 3 does not have. He is so stuck on his dumbphone.

So, unfortunately, I have decided to no longer send my friend text messages, but send emails instead, which he doesn't like, because he only checks his email once a week, or less.

Strange that my friend is the only person who has ever complained to me about text messaging. I have no problems communicating with hundreds of other people via Text Messaging and Facebook Messenger.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
One of my friends has a Sprint Note 2 and her long text messages show as (1/2) and (2/2) on my Sprint Note 3. Nobody else's, including mine, do that though.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My friend claims that he has friends with smartphones that still have that feature, which number the messages, so he can read them in order. He said he may not be using the correct term though.

He is very upset with me, and wants me to enable my Page Numbering option, which the Note 3 does not have. He is so stuck on his dumbphone.

So, unfortunately, I have decided to no longer send my friend text messages, but send emails instead, which he doesn't like, because he only checks his email once a week, or less.

Strange that my friend is the only person who has ever complained to me about text messaging. I have no problems communicating with hundreds of other people via Text Messaging and Facebook Messenger.
Dump him,get a new friend with a decent smart phone...Job done :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084