SideSync wifi issues + problems with apps after moving to SD card...

Rubus Roo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
2 problems, thought it more sensible to do them in 1 thread.

I gave Sidesync a go the other day & I love it, apart from the fact it refuses to work via wifi which seems to me to be particularly stupid.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, since moving apps to the SD card, they forget all their settings & so every time I reboot the phone, they go through all the setup again & also turn their stupid notifications back on which I detest. Is this a known issue? Once I put them back on the device, they work perfectly again.

Thanks for any ideas. Have a great weekend :D

Oh yeah, this is on Windows 7 premium (or the one above home basic) + Kitkat 4.4.2.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
SideSync - I use it several times a week and have only ever used it over wifi. Have never had any problem with it at all.

Apps on SD Card - the only thing I have seen is the Notification Off get set back to On after rebooting. I do not have to go through any setup again and I have never had any game data reset or seen any other issue.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It worked from the start. You are setting the Connect switch on the PC app to WiFi right?

I don't go to external sites to view pictures. If there is something you want me take a look at, include it in your post using the insert image icon.

Rubus Roo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes it works perfectly with USB & I'm very impressed with it. I didn't realise I could embed images in posts so please forgive me.

sidesync.png

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you certain you are on the same network with both devices? And are you starting them within a few seconds of each other? It will only scan for wifi devices for a certain time before timing out. Are you getting any error on your phone? The first time you connect you have to accept the connection on your phone. Are you looking at your phone - if you are looking at the computer you may have missed the request.

Rubus Roo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
No, I see the request immediately on my phone. I start SideSync on the device & then on the laptop. It says on the laptop locating devices & the note shows up in the list underneath, however, the busy circle thing keeps rotating as if it is still looking for another device. If I double click the Note 3 entry, the phone screen goes off & the image I posted above appears. They are definitely on the same network as I can use the mouse & keyboard on the laptop if I choose that option from the desktop software drop down menu but it still wont display the phone screen.

I love using whatsapp & stuff on the laptop. I'll try removing all samsung kies 3, usb drivers & all other software & the reinstall SideSync. I don't really like Kies 3 anyway.

Thanks for your replies btw.

Working flawlessly via USB 3.0
sidesyncusb.png

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Hope a reinstall solves it for you. I think it's a great app and keep encouraging people to use it but it seems few people have even tried it.

I was surprised at how good it works over wifi. All the other apps I use over wifi to connect to my computer are slower and lag but I can even play games fullscreen using this without lag. That's not normally what I use it for but I tested it just because I was so impressed with the speed.

You probably already know this if you've been using it, but you can go into the settings on the phone app and increase the pointer speed and set shortcuts. And then in the PC settings, once you hopefully get it connected via wifi, you can set it to connect automatically if you want and also a few other settings.

Rubus Roo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Just an update.

Still won't work via WiFi after removing KIES3 & Samung's USB3 drivers then reinstalling SideSync. Reading comments on the Play Store indicates this is a common issue so hopefully they'll fix it in an update sometime.

Tom Soehlke

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Galaxy S 5 and Galaxy Tab S which are suppose to work together. I can connect through the USB but the WIFI is not connecting and on the same network.

Anybody got any other suggestions?

blacknanna

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you try turning off Windoze firewall. Mine worked on my Mac but Windoze firewall was blocking it on my PC. Worked after I turned it off. Obviously you'll have to turn it back on and create a rule if this is the problem.

northward

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've got the identical problem as the OP with my Note 3 and Samsung laptop running Win 8.1. Turning off Windows Firewall didn't fix it for me but produced a different result -- instead of getting error code 101 as in the screenshot above, the PC app just keeps displaying "connecting" with the spinning wheel but never actually connects or times out. The Firewall was already configured to allow SideSync to bypass the firewall while on private networks, and if I leave it turned on I get the error code 101.

Also, this problem only arises with regard to screen sharing. If I go into settings and change the default mode to mouse/keyboard sharing, that works flawlessly.

jhudtwalcker

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
hi! I have the exactly opposite problem... mine connects very well in the wifi environment... but when I try to connect with the usb cable, nothing happens... ¿any idea?

Paul Tansley

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Tom, Did you solve your problem as I have the same issue with S5 and Tab S. I can't get anything to work between them...Nearby Devices (although they do see each other, nothing transfers.....Screen Mirroring...wifi direct...Nothing works. Other people seem to connect no problem but not me. I've tried using my daughter's S3 and neither of my devices sees hers either and vica versa!

jareff44

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having a similar issue when trying to connect my Samsung ATIV Book 8 with my Galaxy S5.

I'm able to connect via USB and can see the screen where I can select either keyboard/mouse sharing or phone screen sharing. However when I try to select either option I get the 'connection failed....' error message.

When I try to connect via WiFi, the Sidesync PC software lists the phone as available, but when I click on the phone to connect I get the same error message.

I have re-installed the software on both my PC and my phone, I have ensured I have the latest USB driver, and have activated USB debugging.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

debwill54

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue trying to connect Galaxy S5 to Galaxy Tab S. Both devices just keep scanning and never find each other, I've uninstalled SS3.0 on the phone, re-installed and tried again several times. Not sure what to try and not having any luck finding anything online.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

PlakRast

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I have another problem. Neither my USB nor wifi connection works, and the device is left undetected, despite being on the same network and allowing sidesync through the firewall fully. This small red x appears on the icon in the taskbar however:screenshot_22.png
I haven't found any information on this though, and hovering over the icon does nothing. Does anyone know how to remedy this? It said something when launching that it wouldn't work at the same time as Kies (which makes no sense, good job samsung), but I did close that and this remains after relaunching. Any help would be awesome.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have another problem. Neither my USB nor wifi connection works, and the device is left undetected, despite being on the same network and allowing sidesync through the firewall fully. This small red x appears on the icon in the taskbar however:View attachment 157763
I haven't found any information on this though, and hovering over the icon does nothing. Does anyone know how to remedy this? It said something when launching that it wouldn't work at the same time as Kies (which makes no sense, good job samsung), but I did close that and this remains after relaunching. Any help would be awesome.

The red x on the icon just means you're not actively connected to your phone using sidesync. Left clicking on it won't do anything, but right clicking on the icon should bring up a menu.

Mine has always worked (with both WiFi and USB) so I don't have a lot of help for you since you already checked the firewall. Did you also make sure any antivirus wasn't interferring? Did you make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements? You can see them at the bottom of this page: SAMSUNG SideSync

I usually connect via WiFi, which you said didn't work for you either, but when connecting via USB I make sure to use a different port than I use for Kies because the programs require different drivers.

Otherwise, all I can say is try uninstalling both Sydesync and Kies, rebooting, and then install Sidesync and whatever drivers it wants first and see if you can get it working. Then install Kies, which can install it's own drivers. You may have already tried that. But that's all I've got - mainly just posted to let you know that the red x on the icon doesn't mean in itself that there was a problem with SideSync.

PlakRast

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Since the last post I've reinstalled the newest samsung driver and also enabled USB debugging and installed the ADB driver as well, which seemed to help some other applications connect through usb. I'll try using this again with the newer driver. My computer does meet the requirements and there shouldn't be any antivirus problem, so if this doesn't work, I just won't worry about it anymore probably. It isn't a necessity for me, just something which would be cool. Anyway, thanks.

hasanarbab

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a slightly different issue but falls in same cat. i have sidesync 3 on mac and my device is s5. connection is successfully made with wifi but just within a minute connection is lost. when i check on phone, sidesync app is off and when i launch it again, same happens again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1