Stock messaging app

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice how slow and cumbersome it is? I normally use Textra but that was saying my texts weren't sending even though friends were texting back. So I'm back to using the stock app and it's so slow. What messaging apps are you all using?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problem with the stock app. What slowness are you experiencing? Do you mean it takes a long time to send or a long time to open or something else? I don't experience slowness anyplace that I've noticed when using the stock app.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. The slowness I'm experiencing is when I open the individual threads and when I'm sending a text. There's noticeable lag.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I don't experience that at all. It's instant for me. I have the same phone as you too - tmo. I was trying to think of anything that may make a difference and I don't know if this affects anything in the messaging app, but I do have all animations turned off, which makes several things on my phone quicker. I have them turned off in the developer settings. But if it's not that, maybe there's something else that starts running on your phone when you open the app that is slowing things down. Did you clear the cache?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I went ahead and disabled all animations and I noticed overall the phone seemed faster. I think I'll try clearing cache and if that doesn't work I'll try a different texting app. Thanks again.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Cool. Some people on here use Hangouts so you might want to look at that. I have it disabled so I don't have an opinion on how it works for texting.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
No issue yet with stock app - and though I've got Hangouts on the thing, I query why screw with success (even if it is just a radio button click away from making Hangouts the default message app)...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No issue yet with stock app - and though I've got Hangouts on the thing, I query why screw with success (even if it is just a radio button click away from making Hangouts the default message app)...
It already is the default for the nexus 5 and tbh I thought I would hate it but quite like it when I had a nexus 5 I prefer it over the stock texting app

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Been using Hangouts since it came out. Steady improvements & stability have made it worth it.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I went back to Textra. After uninstalling and reinstalling my issues are gone. All texts are sending without issues now. Thanks for all the responses.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Been using Hangouts since it came out. Steady improvements & stability have made it worth it.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
This is the Note 3 forum. The OP was discussing issues with their Note 3 on the stock messaging app. How can you help in this thread when you're using anything else except a Note 3?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the Note 3 forum. The OP was discussing issues with their Note 3 on the stock messaging app. How can you help in this thread when you're using anything else except a Note 3?

Just letting the OP know that Hangouts has been working great for me on the 2 devices I am currently using. FYI, I have used it on 2 other devices with great results also. Providing input such as mine is something that can be valuable to people using all types of devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15