Went to Wimbledon yesterday and man 4G killed my battery

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm on three in the UK and where I live we don't get 4G but obviously in London there is 4G.

Granted I took it off charge at 91% due to using it as a sat nav but still my battery stats were

2 hours screen time
9 hours total

That was with 2% left. Makes me think will 4G kill my battery that much? Or was it an issue with my battery. Checked what used the battery but nothing came up out of the normal usage. Android system was at 27% but that's normal for this phone since upgrading to 4.4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on three in the UK and where I live we don't get 4G but obviously in London there is 4G.

Granted I took it off charge at 91% due to using it as a sat nav but still my battery stats were

2 hours screen time
9 hours total

That was with 2% left. Makes me think will 4G kill my battery that much? Or was it an issue with my battery. Checked what used the battery but nothing came up out of the normal usage. Android system was at 27% but that's normal for this phone since upgrading to 4.4
LTE will definitely drain a the battery pretty fast if you are not careful. But to me, that doesn't seem too bad considering a strong LTE coverage and the use the device may have had. What are your screen settings? Automatic, 100% or set somewhere near the middle?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I use NOTHING BUT LTE and my battery life is great. I get ~5hrs screen on time. Did you check to see how your signal was? If you have poor signal or are switching back and forth looking for signal, that will kill your battery.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I use NOTHING BUT LTE and my battery life is great. I get ~5hrs screen on time. Did you check to see how your signal was? If you have poor signal or are switching back and forth looking for signal, that will kill your battery.

Probably a function of the masses clogging up the pipeline. This not only causes a general slowdown with data demands, it also can affect switching in and out of LTE.

I work across from a major arena and when there is a big event, especially for those that see a really high smartphone use (lots of people texting, shooting videos, etc.) I see a big drop in signal, inability to connect to the Internet, and losing and regaining LTE.

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Probably a function of the masses clogging up the pipeline. This not only causes a general slowdown with data demands, it also can affect switching in and out of LTE.

I work across from a major arena and when there is a big event, especially for those that see a really high smartphone use (lots of people texting, shooting videos, etc.) I see a big drop in signal, inability to connect to the Internet, and losing and regaining LTE.

Posted via Android Central App

Ah! That makes a lot of sense.

A couple of years ago I went to Soldier Field (Verizon branding all over the damn stadium and signal boosters I'm sure) and I could barely send a text, much less surf the web, and I'm on Verizon.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
LTE will definitely drain a the battery pretty fast if you are not careful. But to me, that doesn't seem too bad considering a strong LTE coverage and the use the device may have had. What are your screen settings? Automatic, 100% or set somewhere near the middle?

It's on auto and - 2 on auto.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

It did switch back to H+ a little bit but signal wise was on about 2 bars most of the day

In fairness I did take it off charge at 91% would that matter?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams