07-07-2019 01:18 AM
62 123
tools
    I have had this problem since day 1 (now at third handset because of other issues with external sd). It does happen when I use the stock phone app and switch from speakerphone to regular mic. After I have to restart and its ok. I have also noticed that when this happens, if I am off the phone and that I press volume up/down, it says "call volume"... which means that it is really the phone app that creates this. I don't use bluetooth at all. So it has noting to do with bluetooh. Its a software issue. I can live with it. It happens to me a few times per week though. Kind of annoying.

Chris.
    I want to add. I have youmail as well, but youmail is not the culpid as I receive rarely voicemail. Its really the phone app. It may well be an android issue and not just only a samsung issue.
    06-14-2016 10:47 AM
    I have a Samsung Note 4 and I'm having this trouble as of the latest update to youmail. Force closing the app after each time does solve it until i open youmail again.
    I have the same problem but even worse I get no sound at all of my phone other than a ring when a new call comes in. Each time I restart my phone the sound come back for a few minutes but then for whatever reason something happens and they stopped again. I have uninstalled YouMail and reinstalled it 5 times every time I uninstall it this problem stops and everytime it gets reinstalled it starts again. The other really bizarre thing is when I'm in my car and connected to Bluetooth my phone will periodically act as if it is on a call it's not actually calling anyone but the Bluetooth phone in the car shows that it is calling my own number and my radio will stop playing at cetera until I hit the end call button in the car. When this happens the phone itself does not show that a call is being placed. So something is happening in YouMail where it is tricking your phone into thinking that it's actually on a call. I've also noticed as of today when I open a voicemail I get the same problem it acts as if it is calling myself when it's playing the voicemail. This is beyond ridiculous and I will have to cancel the service if it doesn't get fixed. Because I don't get any sound notifications from my phone which is unacceptable.
    06-15-2016 02:31 AM
    I have the same problem but even worse I get no sound at all of my phone other than a ring when a new call comes in. Each time I restart my phone the sound come back for a few minutes but then for whatever reason something happens and they stopped again. I have uninstalled YouMail and reinstalled it 5 times every time I uninstall it this problem stops and everytime it gets reinstalled it starts again. The other really bizarre thing is when I'm in my car and connected to Bluetooth my phone will periodically act as if it is on a call it's not actually calling anyone but the Bluetooth phone in the car shows that it is calling my own number and my radio will stop playing at cetera until I hit the end call button in the car. When this happens the phone itself does not show that a call is being placed. So something is happening in YouMail where it is tricking your phone into thinking that it's actually on a call. I've also noticed as of today when I open a voicemail I get the same problem it acts as if it is calling myself when it's playing the voicemail. This is beyond ridiculous and I will have to cancel the service if it doesn't get fixed. Because I don't get any sound notifications from my phone which is unacceptable.
    I contacted youmail through the play store and they told me that they are entirely rewriting the code for the audio to resolve the issue and they expect it done by the end of the month if I recall.
    06-16-2016 12:42 AM
    Just wanted to chime in and thank you guys...I love my new moto x and this was driving me nuts. I'm done with youmail, not the first issue is has caused for me.
    06-19-2016 01:23 PM
    I have been having the same issue with my s7 for months. I don't use YouMail so I don't know what the culprit is. It seems to happen when I listen to audio over bluetooth a lot.. ugh it is so annoying having to restart my phone so often!
    06-20-2016 09:43 PM
    Alright I have a partial solution, go into Settings/Developer Options, scroll all the way down to the bottom. You'll find a section called "apps" make sure the box is checked/green next to "do not keep activities". I don't no exactly what is causing the problem but my audio music/movies/youtube/etc. will only play through the earphone speaker if this not checked off. There is a downfall to it though, if you do this and you want to search the web you will Not Be Able to close individual tabs nor will you be able to refer back to a previous tab that you were on.
    06-22-2016 12:16 PM
    I am having the same issue with my Note 4...just out of the blue, with no rhyme or reason will switch to all audio coming through the earpiece and not my speaker. It will correct itself on reboot but is annoying. I haven't read all through this string yet but any ideas to a culprit?
    06-29-2016 02:55 PM
    I dont think this have a solution but
    Just you dont need to restart your phone
    You can just make a random call (maybe phone service) and then end this call (immediately after you send it if you want).
    This will solve it temporary
    07-03-2016 07:53 PM
    Same problem here. Using note 4. I noticed that the problem was happening after a viber call and had to force close the viber from background to return back to normal. I uninstalled viber and didnt have the problem untill today which started happening with messenger calls. I dont know if its an issue related to samsung or something with the apps that keep the system in an in call state.
    07-11-2016 08:46 AM
    Do a complete reboot of the device and this will fix the problem.
    07-13-2016 09:16 AM
    Yes i know but imagine everytime you make a call with viber or messenger, a reboot is required...
    07-13-2016 11:10 PM
    My problem may be related but not identical. When I'm on a Tango or IMO video call, the incoming sound comes out of the ear speaker. I discovered that if I turn off Bluetooth prior to getting on a Tango or IMO call, the problem does not repro.
    The issue is Samsung's Bluetooth implementation. (restarting the phone did not work, because if BT was on before the restart, it would be on again after a restart).

Samsung already declared half a year ago that they need to revamp their software division. They know they have crappy software and implementation of software. Hopefully they will either resolve these weird issues, or just go with plain Android instead of messing it up with their overlays.
    07-18-2016 12:26 PM
    I am also having the same issue. Restarting the phone some time resolves the issue but it is not a permanent fix. Whenever we are sitting among friends or public it is really embarrassing.
    07-28-2016 01:19 AM
    Go to the settings of your call recording software and switch off the option of using the speaker by default. The problem will resolve.
    07-30-2016 08:31 AM
    I have had this problem since day 1 (now at third handset because of other issues with external sd). It does happen when I use the stock phone app and switch from speakerphone to regular mic. After I have to restart and its ok. I have also noticed that when this happens, if I am off the phone and that I press volume up/down, it says "call volume"... which means that it is really the phone app that creates this. I don't use bluetooth at all. So it has noting to do with bluetooh. Its a software issue. I can live with it. It happens to me a few times per week though. Kind of annoying.

Chris.

just dial operator or make a call simply and make it on speaker and before ending the call go to the gallery and open avideo file .....
    it should work..
    08-03-2016 07:59 AM
    I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere on the net, and I'm curious if its only happening to me.

From time to time my phone will switch, on its own, to playing everything thru the ear speaker. It hasn't done it mid use but once in a while I will go to watch a video and notice the sound is really silent. I crank the volume up and it only gets marginally louder. I'lI then notice that the sound is playing thru the ear speaker that you would listen to while making a call on the head set.

Its not just for videos either. The phone will play my notifications and all thru the ear speaker.

I'm not expecting a fix right off the bat, I'm just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.
    I have had the same thing today. after reading the post about a an app causing this I thought which of mine have microphone permission. I made a Facebook call earlier so thought it might be this. I went to settings and forced stop on Facebook and boom it now is back to normal.
    09-25-2016 06:55 AM
    I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere on the net, and I'm curious if its only happening to me.

From time to time my phone will switch, on its own, to playing everything thru the ear speaker. It hasn't done it mid use but once in a while I will go to watch a video and notice the sound is really silent. I crank the volume up and it only gets marginally louder. I'lI then notice that the sound is playing thru the ear speaker that you would listen to while making a call on the head set.

Its not just for videos either. The phone will play my notifications and all thru the ear speaker.

I'm not expecting a fix right off the bat, I'm just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.

This is happening to me. Vaguely heard a video wondered why and it was coming thru the top speaker where you hear people from phone calls. Tried playin my phone music and its the same. Cant find anything in my settings to fix it. So if you've worked it out, could you please share how? Lol
    10-08-2016 11:42 AM
    My phone just started doing this to me today I have a galaxy s7 edge...Ithey worked and then I talked on the phone through fb messenger and after I was watching videos and none would work and I just realized it was because it's coming from my ear speaker. Did anyone find a solution to this?
    11-30-2016 05:30 PM
    I have had the same thing today. after reading the post about a an app causing this I thought which of mine have microphone permission. I made a Facebook call earlier so thought it might be this. I went to settings and forced stop on Facebook and boom it now is back to normal.
    It worked!!!
    I force closed Facebook and messenger and it fixed the sound.
    01-11-2017 01:42 AM
    My S7 Edge started doing this this morning, and it's 1 month old!

However I realized I installed and verified YouMail last night. I never would have thought of it!

So strange, I just opened up the App Manager in order to scroll down to YouMail in order to force stop it, and before I even tapped on the app the sound switched back. Weird.
    01-24-2017 08:47 AM
    I have been having the same problem.
    It happens when listing to audio or youtube and it is interrupted with a phone call.
    Restarting phone is the only way I have been able to reset it =(

02-24-2017 11:51 AM
    That did not work for me =(
    just dial operator or make a call simply and make it on speaker and before ending the call go to the gallery and open avideo file .....
    it should work..
    02-24-2017 11:54 AM
    I am looking for answers and i can't believe this is such an old post! I have the S8 and this same problem has been driving me crazy since i got it. Please find a fix. I've restarted our and it still happens. I tap on Pandora, and it plays through the ear piece, so i need to close it and try again until it plays through the speaker. Now i just played a video on Facebook and could only hear it through the ear piece. So annoying!
    05-05-2017 05:52 PM
    I own an s4 and I think I found the cause off this. When making a call on an app (such as WhatsApp) it will make audio play through the call speaker. For some reason it was stay like this. As stated above if you force close the app it should go back to normal.
    08-03-2017 03:39 PM
    I am looking for answers and i can't believe this is such an old post! I have the S8 and this same problem has been driving me crazy since i got it. Please find a fix. I've restarted our and it still happens. I tap on Pandora, and it plays through the ear piece, so i need to close it and try again until it plays through the speaker. Now i just played a video on Facebook and could only hear it through the ear piece. So annoying!
    I know this is an old post, but I resolved this on Android 7 Nokia 8, by switching from ear speaker to speaker.
    11-22-2017 11:52 AM
62 123