All audio thru ear speaker

Alex rosario

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my S6 Edge and the only thing that seems to fix it is a restart. I am also having the same problem on an S7 Edge and the only thing that seems to fix it is it restart also. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this without doing a restart?

My S4 has the same problem, i play music through Spotify via an aux cord, the problem seems to arise after getting a call, answering it through the aux cord (car stereo), finishing the call, and later disconnecting it, without pausing the music/closing spotify first... so im not sure if it is to do with Spotify or Android?

insectdude1258

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
We have recently released an update for the YouMail app. If you experienced any issues with changing the default audio on your device, we recommend uninstalling then reinstalling the app on your phone.

Any questions or comments can also be directed to our support team at YouMail here: https://support.youmail.com/hc/communities/public/topics

I have a Samsung Note 4 and I'm having this trouble as of the latest update to youmail. Force closing the app after each time does solve it until i open youmail again.

rgdave

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I had a Moto X (2013, 1st Gen) that started having issues with this shortly after the upgrade from Kitkat to Lollipop (about 6 months ago). After taking a call or (now I understand, checking the Youmail app), any media audio output after that would route to the phone earpiece (rather than bluetooth or a wired headset or even the speaker), and there was no way to get it back to the desired output (that I could figure out.) I cleared the cache, wiped the phone, did a factory reset — nothing fixed the problem. A few weeks ago I bought a new phone, a Moto X Pure XT1575 with Marshmallow. Lo and behold, same behavior — no it wasn't something that was a screw up in an operating system upgrade (i.e. Kitkat to Lollipop on my previous phone.) I finally started to figure out it might be related to Youmail, because I (duh) realized it was happening after every time I checked voicemail on the Youmail app, or made a call using the call button on a voicemail. So I started searching online and thankfully found this thread. I was thinking it might be something related to Motorola tweaks to android, but seems to affect other phones as well.
Killing Youmail each time the behavior happens does 'fix' it until the next time I access the Youmail app. Thanks for that tip. Now at least I don't have to reboot my phone to get the media audio to work right.

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem since day 1 (now at third handset because of other issues with external sd). It does happen when I use the stock phone app and switch from speakerphone to regular mic. After I have to restart and its ok. I have also noticed that when this happens, if I am off the phone and that I press volume up/down, it says "call volume"... which means that it is really the phone app that creates this. I don't use bluetooth at all. So it has noting to do with bluetooh. Its a software issue. I can live with it. It happens to me a few times per week though. Kind of annoying.

Chris.

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem since day 1 (now at third handset because of other issues with external sd). It does happen when I use the stock phone app and switch from speakerphone to regular mic. After I have to restart and its ok. I have also noticed that when this happens, if I am off the phone and that I press volume up/down, it says "call volume"... which means that it is really the phone app that creates this. I don't use bluetooth at all. So it has noting to do with bluetooh. Its a software issue. I can live with it. It happens to me a few times per week though. Kind of annoying.

Chris.

I want to add. I have youmail as well, but youmail is not the culpid as I receive rarely voicemail. Its really the phone app. It may well be an android issue and not just only a samsung issue.

anon(9669999)

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Note 4 and I'm having this trouble as of the latest update to youmail. Force closing the app after each time does solve it until i open youmail again.

I have the same problem but even worse I get no sound at all of my phone other than a ring when a new call comes in. Each time I restart my phone the sound come back for a few minutes but then for whatever reason something happens and they stopped again. I have uninstalled YouMail and reinstalled it 5 times every time I uninstall it this problem stops and everytime it gets reinstalled it starts again. The other really bizarre thing is when I'm in my car and connected to Bluetooth my phone will periodically act as if it is on a call it's not actually calling anyone but the Bluetooth phone in the car shows that it is calling my own number and my radio will stop playing at cetera until I hit the end call button in the car. When this happens the phone itself does not show that a call is being placed. So something is happening in YouMail where it is tricking your phone into thinking that it's actually on a call. I've also noticed as of today when I open a voicemail I get the same problem it acts as if it is calling myself when it's playing the voicemail. This is beyond ridiculous and I will have to cancel the service if it doesn't get fixed. Because I don't get any sound notifications from my phone which is unacceptable.

insectdude1258

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem but even worse I get no sound at all of my phone other than a ring when a new call comes in. Each time I restart my phone the sound come back for a few minutes but then for whatever reason something happens and they stopped again. I have uninstalled YouMail and reinstalled it 5 times every time I uninstall it this problem stops and everytime it gets reinstalled it starts again. The other really bizarre thing is when I'm in my car and connected to Bluetooth my phone will periodically act as if it is on a call it's not actually calling anyone but the Bluetooth phone in the car shows that it is calling my own number and my radio will stop playing at cetera until I hit the end call button in the car. When this happens the phone itself does not show that a call is being placed. So something is happening in YouMail where it is tricking your phone into thinking that it's actually on a call. I've also noticed as of today when I open a voicemail I get the same problem it acts as if it is calling myself when it's playing the voicemail. This is beyond ridiculous and I will have to cancel the service if it doesn't get fixed. Because I don't get any sound notifications from my phone which is unacceptable.

I contacted youmail through the play store and they told me that they are entirely rewriting the code for the audio to resolve the issue and they expect it done by the end of the month if I recall.

butthead_dead

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in and thank you guys...I love my new moto x and this was driving me nuts. I'm done with youmail, not the first issue is has caused for me.

hebrewh4mmer

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with my s7 for months. I don't use YouMail so I don't know what the culprit is. It seems to happen when I listen to audio over bluetooth a lot.. ugh it is so annoying having to restart my phone so often!

Birdie27

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Alright I have a partial solution, go into Settings/Developer Options, scroll all the way down to the bottom. You'll find a section called "apps" make sure the box is checked/green next to "do not keep activities". I don't no exactly what is causing the problem but my audio music/movies/youtube/etc. will only play through the earphone speaker if this not checked off. There is a downfall to it though, if you do this and you want to search the web you will Not Be Able to close individual tabs nor will you be able to refer back to a previous tab that you were on.

ekctsa06

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my Note 4...just out of the blue, with no rhyme or reason will switch to all audio coming through the earpiece and not my speaker. It will correct itself on reboot but is annoying. I haven't read all through this string yet but any ideas to a culprit?

Ar Mando

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I dont think this have a solution but
Just you dont need to restart your phone
You can just make a random call (maybe phone service) and then end this call (immediately after you send it if you want).
This will solve it temporary

Louis Nic

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. Using note 4. I noticed that the problem was happening after a viber call and had to force close the viber from background to return back to normal. I uninstalled viber and didnt have the problem untill today which started happening with messenger calls. I dont know if its an issue related to samsung or something with the apps that keep the system in an in call state.

FredMcMilan

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My problem may be related but not identical. When I'm on a Tango or IMO video call, the incoming sound comes out of the ear speaker. I discovered that if I turn off Bluetooth prior to getting on a Tango or IMO call, the problem does not repro.
The issue is Samsung's Bluetooth implementation. (restarting the phone did not work, because if BT was on before the restart, it would be on again after a restart).

Samsung already declared half a year ago that they need to revamp their software division. They know they have crappy software and implementation of software. Hopefully they will either resolve these weird issues, or just go with plain Android instead of messing it up with their overlays.

Fraz Hassan

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I am also having the same issue. Restarting the phone some time resolves the issue but it is not a permanent fix. Whenever we are sitting among friends or public it is really embarrassing.

Tem_et

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

Chris.

just dial operator or make a call simply and make it on speaker and before ending the call go to the gallery and open avideo file .....
it should work..

flickity123

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere on the net, and I'm curious if its only happening to me.

From time to time my phone will switch, on its own, to playing everything thru the ear speaker. It hasn't done it mid use but once in a while I will go to watch a video and notice the sound is really silent. I crank the volume up and it only gets marginally louder. I'lI then notice that the sound is playing thru the ear speaker that you would listen to while making a call on the head set.

Its not just for videos either. The phone will play my notifications and all thru the ear speaker.

I'm not expecting a fix right off the bat, I'm just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.

I have had the same thing today. after reading the post about a an app causing this I thought which of mine have microphone permission. I made a Facebook call earlier so thought it might be this. I went to settings and forced stop on Facebook and boom it now is back to normal. :)