All audio thru ear speaker

Teaghannn

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere on the net, and I'm curious if its only happening to me.

From time to time my phone will switch, on its own, to playing everything thru the ear speaker. It hasn't done it mid use but once in a while I will go to watch a video and notice the sound is really silent. I crank the volume up and it only gets marginally louder. I'lI then notice that the sound is playing thru the ear speaker that you would listen to while making a call on the head set.

Its not just for videos either. The phone will play my notifications and all thru the ear speaker.

I'm not expecting a fix right off the bat, I'm just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.

This is happening to me. Vaguely heard a video wondered why and it was coming thru the top speaker where you hear people from phone calls. Tried playin my phone music and its the same. Cant find anything in my settings to fix it. So if you've worked it out, could you please share how? Lol

Lehann

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
My phone just started doing this to me today I have a galaxy s7 edge...Ithey worked and then I talked on the phone through fb messenger and after I was watching videos and none would work and I just realized it was because it's coming from my ear speaker. Did anyone find a solution to this?

Gedi Jasi

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I have had the same thing today. after reading the post about a an app causing this I thought which of mine have microphone permission. I made a Facebook call earlier so thought it might be this. I went to settings and forced stop on Facebook and boom it now is back to normal. :)
It worked!!!
I force closed Facebook and messenger and it fixed the sound.

Sbizzle85

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
My S7 Edge started doing this this morning, and it's 1 month old!

However I realized I installed and verified YouMail last night. I never would have thought of it!

So strange, I just opened up the App Manager in order to scroll down to YouMail in order to force stop it, and before I even tapped on the app the sound switched back. Weird.

GFraser65

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I have been having the same problem.
It happens when listing to audio or youtube and it is interrupted with a phone call.
Restarting phone is the only way I have been able to reset it =(
I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere on the net, and I'm curious if its only happening to me.

From time to time my phone will switch, on its own, to playing everything thru the ear speaker. It hasn't done it mid use but once in a while I will go to watch a video and notice the sound is really silent. I crank the volume up and it only gets marginally louder. I'lI then notice that the sound is playing thru the ear speaker that you would listen to while making a call on the head set.

Its not just for videos either. The phone will play my notifications and all thru the ear speaker.

I'm not expecting a fix right off the bat, I'm just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.

That did not work for me =(
just dial operator or make a call simply and make it on speaker and before ending the call go to the gallery and open avideo file .....
it should work..

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcsprmom7

May 5, 2017
Visit site
I am looking for answers and i can't believe this is such an old post! I have the S8 and this same problem has been driving me crazy since i got it. Please find a fix. I've restarted our and it still happens. I tap on Pandora, and it plays through the ear piece, so i need to close it and try again until it plays through the speaker. Now i just played a video on Facebook and could only hear it through the ear piece. So annoying!

1uke_mc

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I own an s4 and I think I found the cause off this. When making a call on an app (such as WhatsApp) it will make audio play through the call speaker. For some reason it was stay like this. As stated above if you force close the app it should go back to normal.

Suiauthon

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
I am looking for answers and i can't believe this is such an old post! I have the S8 and this same problem has been driving me crazy since i got it. Please find a fix. I've restarted our and it still happens. I tap on Pandora, and it plays through the ear piece, so i need to close it and try again until it plays through the speaker. Now i just played a video on Facebook and could only hear it through the ear piece. So annoying!

I know this is an old post, but I resolved this on Android 7 Nokia 8, by switching from ear speaker to speaker.

Alee Aoun

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi. Now after almost 4 year's, it's happened when I play sound via whatsapp , and screen become in-black and hang up . There are no issues with sensor or mobile at all . Its "Only" whatsapp matter. Until date no-one give me the right solution. 😢

Khush Madhwani

May 29, 2018
Visit site

download the app called voicethru from google try to play music through the audio player option choose which speaker it needs to play from if it doesnt play then it needs to be replaced

i was joking it doesnt work

only restart can fix

Starboy 999

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site

I have had this problem three times now on my Galaxy S9 and am looking for the source so I can turn it on at will I found the ability to listen to my music through the ear speaker when I didn't have ear buds very convenient. when it happened on my phone the screen would go black and all audio would be routed to my ear speaker like if you're on a call on speaker phone and bring the phone to your ear.

that's just how WhatsApp operates try making sure you aren't covering the light sensors at the top of your phone that will route audio through the ear speaker

nobody here

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
This started happening to me and the fix was uninstalling a recent app that I gave and audio permissions . I bet I could have fixed it by adjusting my permissions but any uninstalling recent apps or recently updated apps
- goodluck

spockshr

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Had the same issue. Just go to settings and force stop the app you recently used for calling like Messenger, Whatsapp, etc.

bnewall1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, a 4-year-old thread that has current responses! I ran across this when Googling a similar problem. My issue is that both my last phone (LG G7) and current phone (LG V40) will randomly take a voice call off of Bluetooth. The phone still shows Bluetooth active in the phone app, yet the call audio is going through the earpiece. I end up having to toggle the Bluetooth button off and back on (not turning Bluetooth completely off, just hitting the button to make the phone think it's switching the call audio off of Bluetooth and then back on), and that fixes it. But it has happened several times.

Also, and this is just on the V40, voicemails played back through the Visual Voicemail app won't play through my Bluetooth headset or my in-car Bluetooth. With the headset, I fix the problem by turning the headset off and back on. Harder to do that in the car on the freeway... :)

abhishek deshpande2

Jan 1, 2019
Visit site
What if i have a home remedy for this which i just noticed and it works all the time.

just call someone and turn on loudapeaker mode and hang up before the call connects..
and boom.. the speaker is now working. Do this everytime your audio will be diverted to the ear speaker.

mattups89

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
Five years later, and my Note 9 is having this issue... Why the heck is this still happening??? 😭😭😭😭😭

Jared Randle

Nov 15, 2021
Visit site
My brother's phone is having the exact same issue. Audio will randomly start playing thru the ear speaker only, and it's usually TEMPORARILY fixed by restarting the phone. If anyone has a more permanent solution or even an explanation I'm ALL EARS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835