Screen protector question

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I've had my Note 3 for about 3 months now with no issues. I currently have a Zagg screen protector on it, but it has always felt a little sticky and now I'm noticing fingerprints starting to collect.

I've wiped it down and even used some baby wipes and tried rubbing alcohol to, but it just feels bad to me now, can't get it clean.

I went naked screen on my old iPhone 4S and loved it so much better and never had a scratch.

Anyone think it's absolutely necessary to keep a screen protector on the Note 3? I'd much rather go naked, but concerned about this much bigger screen real estate having a higher chance of picking up scratches.

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is it a glass screen protector or plastic? You should never use alcohol or any chemical products on a screen with oleophobic coating. If it's a plastic protector i would suggest you get a glass one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd never use a phone without some kind of screen protector - even a cheap "3 for $5" type is better than scratching the screen. And replacing them is cheaper than paying shipping to replace a Zagg Shield. (Zagg's warranty is unconditional - when I had to have my phone replaced, they replaced the screen protector for me. But the cheap ones are still cheaper. I'm on my first one on my Note 3 - after about 6 months. Looking at it really carefully under a strong light showed some streaks on the surface, but a good gentle wiping with a tissue took care of it. And I still have 2 of them left. By the time I've worn all 3 out, I probably won't be using this phone any more.)

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Is it a glass screen protector or plastic? You should never use alcohol or any chemical products on a screen with oleophobic coating. If it's a plastic protector i would suggest you get a glass one.

Is plastic. I wonder if the wipes and alcohol I've been using ate what caused it to look bad then.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd never use a phone without some kind of screen protector - even a cheap "3 for $5" type is better than scratching the screen. And replacing them is cheaper than paying shipping to replace a Zagg Shield. (Zagg's warranty is unconditional - when I had to have my phone replaced, they replaced the screen protector for me. But the cheap ones are still cheaper. I'm on my first one on my Note 3 - after about 6 months. Looking at it really carefully under a strong light showed some streaks on the surface, but a good gentle wiping with a tissue took care of it. And I still have 2 of them left. By the time I've worn all 3 out, I probably won't be using this phone any more.)

Yeah I should probably pick up some cheap ones and just replace mine. Really bums me out to cover up that beautiful screen though.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is plastic. I wonder if the wipes and alcohol I've been using ate what caused it to look bad then.

It's glass protectors that have the oleophobic coating. Really, try a tempered glass one - you won't have to miss your beautiful screen then.