New firmware N9005XXUFNF4 for international Note 3

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Got it this morning. The notification menu seems sluggish now

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Maybe it's still updating some things in the background. Did you try clearing the cache. I have a different model (t-mobile) so can't give any personal experience about the update.

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, haven't tried that. It just takes a second or two longer before it fully expands. Used to be super quick

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Another thing for people to keep in mind after the update is that sometimes there are settings that have been reset. So it's a good idea to go through them and make sure everything is the way you want. My last FW upgrade it reset some sync settings i had changed and also reset my APN to the default one from the new one I had added.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
What's the download booster? Has a location tab too

It allows you to use both wifi and mobile data at the same time for downloads over 30MB - really speeds things up - but of course you need to consider what your data plan is to decide whether you want to use it. It works only for Google apps right now - like Play Store and Movies and Music, etc.

The location quick setting just replaced the GPS one.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
It allows you to use both wifi and mobile data at the same time to download apps over 30MB faster. It works only for Google apps right now - like Play Store apps and Movies and Music, etc.

The location quick setting just replaced the GPS one.
Ah I see, thanks.

Be interesting if battery makes any difference or not

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ah I see, thanks.

Be interesting if battery makes any difference or not

Our similar T-Mobile update, that included download booster and kid's mode, improved my battery life noticeably. But I don't know if the fixes were TMO specific or if they are in your update too. Our update also included VoLTE, but not Knox 2.0, so they are not exactly the same update. But maybe some of the same bug fixes went in. Anyway, hope it's good for you guys.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried Software Update OTA 3 days ago and got this.

I have never downloaded OTA, only via usb to Kies. Anyway I keep forgetting to hook up to a pc when I get home late, but if @Shanghaichica doesn't have it, it's unlikely I will.
Now I know it's around 180 mb I won't be trying OTA.

dugedaja.jpg

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Aww - wth.
It's done now.

I checked again after 3 days. It was there. I was in a cafe on wifi, so I went ahead over the air. 45 minutes including installation. A little annoying it allows emails and other activity while downloading on a slow connection, but I guess people would complain.
This was a major update but still 4.4.2 with a new build # as jpr said.
(Thanks btw)

tyre4uby.jpg

usy7ajug.jpg

sy7a6ama.jpg

yby9u7u2.jpg

evy3amy2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Got it this morning. The notification menu seems sluggish now

My data notification disappears completely for periods, from H+ to nothing. Rebooted, puuled battery and cleared cache etc.
Early days though. Well 90 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I could do with this virtual camera tool right now. My schul is looking at new properties and right now I'm having to take photos and label each room before forwarding to our board (the last property had over 20 rooms/spaces) This would be nice to snap and then take additional photos for details.

Madd, let me borrow your phone for Sunday? 😋

Posted via Android Central App