Photo storage

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I (used to) use different camera apps. It appears none of them can be set to store photos on SD card.
I only use the stock camera now. I am moving all photos to the SD card.
However, Gallery App does not see the moved photos. Anyway to update it? Tried everything.
I used to use other photo apps but they all create thumbnail files all over the place.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you found the Content to Display on the Gallery - menu button.

ON EDIT: actually that wouldn't make a difference. My bad

I am beginning to think I have run into the kitkat SD card issue. I never understood the problems folks were having..
So, it appears that ultimately the only solution is to root?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am beginning to think I have run into the kitkat SD card issue. I never understood the problems folks were having..
So, it appears that ultimately the only solution is to root?

No. I would say absolutely not. My sd card use remained the same after KitKat in February or March. I took it from my S2 but it expired recently after a year. Currently I am happy using my mostly empty phone for a few hundred photos, some videos and about 4gb of music, plus plenty of apps.
Someone will have an easy solution to why you are not seeing photos on the sd card, and probably more information is needed.
Don't do it man! Your phone has so much to live for!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
No. I would say absolutely not. My sd card use remained the same after KitKat in February or March. I took it from my S2 but it expired recently after a year. Currently I am happy using my mostly empty phone for a few hundred photos, some videos and about 4gb of music, plus plenty of apps.
Someone will have an easy solution to why you are not seeing photos on the sd card, and probably more information is needed.
Don't do it man! Your phone has so much to live for!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I will not root. I'm not that sophisticated in Android.
What if I moved all my photos to my laptop, then loaded them all back to my SD card? Would GALLERY see them after that?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What if I moved all my photos to my laptop, then loaded them all back to my SD card? Would GALLERY see them after that?

The gallery should scan the sd card for pictures. I have been able to create new directories on the sd card and copy pictures there with es file Explorer, and the gallery app detected pictures

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Most of my photos are copied to pc. I now only save recent ones.
Try that, and if you can save everything from the card, un-mount it and format it in the phone that might help and then put everything back. In the meantime clear the cache in the Gallery App Info, I just saw I had 64mb of Cache on mine, and only 2.27mb of data.
Get more opinions though. I tend to forget every fix I hear about.

e9a7ade5.jpg

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
What other camera apps are you trying to use that won't let you save to sd card?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pitzerwm

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. My solution, I found that they store the pixs in a folder called camera, not in the normal, 100media folder. Put your photos into that folder, clear cache and you should see them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair