Help me decide if the Note 3 is right for me please

chrisoldroyd

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am currently an iPhone user but I am sick and tired of the same old crappy rows of icons and minimal updates to hardware that I am definitely going to go for an Android phone in the next week or so. I am seriously tempted to go for a Note 3 as I want a device that is a good phone with long battery life but can also take the place of my iPad mini which I only really use to watch TV and Movies when I am at home.

My concerns are mainly is it too big for day to day use and can Android / the Note 3 specifically cover what I need it to do.

Work wise I am sure it is fine and can do Exchange email etc but leisure wise, can it connect to Bluetooth LE heart rate monitors reliably and work with apps like Map My Ride, Digifit and Runkeeper? I currently mount my iPhone on my handle bars and use it to track my calories, distance travelled etc, is this going to be possible with the Note 3?

Any advice / help you can offer would be awesome.

Thanks
Chris

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I think you would be happy with all of the above. Not to big for a daily driver for me but coming from an iPhone it's gonna feel huge. But you'll adjust. It's too big for me to run with it in my pocket, but if you use a fitness strap it's fine. Otherwise its a great phone. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Note® 4 will be releasing in September allegedly. If you can wait two months you may get some worthy upgrades. The note 3 is no slouch by any means, but for only two months I would wait. I'm on tmo jump, and looking forward to jumping to the Note® 4 when it drops. :)

Coming from iOS to android I think will be the biggest adjustment. But your definitely picking a good line to make the transition. Don't forget about the disconnection of imessage before you move your number over. ;-) Good luck and welcome to Android.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
You will adjust

It will feel big at the start but will soon get to grips with it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Note 3 for about 6 months now. I had iphones 3G and 4S before this and really, really liked them, this is my first android phone.

I love my Note 3 in general. It is twice the size of my wife's iPhone 5 and when she shows me something on her phone I always notice how small everything is, the note 3's screen looks way better to me.

When I picked up this phone it was the best android phone available, now you've got more choices you should look at. The LG G3 is a must see and probably the highest end tech currently available. Best stock android experience would be the Nexus 5. Moto X+1 or 2 (whatever it'll be called) is coming soon.

Some things to be aware of when switching to android- Note 3's camera is not as good as iPhone, 5/5S; the Note 3 is a very big phone, but I got used to it quick, forget about one handed use though. You will have problems sending videos via text (mms), iMessage and FaceTime blows all android text and video chat apps away (from my experience). Way more polished. Androids text and vid chat apps seem glitchy to me.

That being said I don't plan on going back to iPhone anytime soon. I enjoy androids capabilities, customization and flexibility. I don't enjoy iphones boring rows of icons or how they lock you into doing things their way. My next phone will be a slightly smaller android because I prefer one handed use and have no need for stylus. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh I almost forgot, if you're interested in the note 3 but fund it too big, look into the Galaxy S5.

Posted via Android Central App