Clearing Ram

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to delete more ram? Because pressing clear barely does anything.
epu3anu9.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The short version is that it can net more resource consumption but will net less efficient resource consumption. RAM in Android (and linux in general) isn't handled the same as it is in Windows, where many people form their RAM usage paradigms. Android uses RAM differently and does a much better job of handling it's dynamic resource allocations, automatically killing tasks when more resources are needed. Interfering with the automation can have unintended results, including lag - ironically the thing that many people are trying to reduce by intervening. Task killers, things like this and manually jumping in isn't going to "hurt" your device, but it will bog it down.

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
The short version is that it can net more resource consumption but will net less efficient resource consumption. RAM in Android (and linux in general) isn't handled the same as it is in Windows, where many people form their RAM usage paradigms. Android uses RAM differently and does a much better job of handling it's dynamic resource allocations, automatically killing tasks when more resources are needed. Interfering with the automation can have unintended results, including lag - ironically the thing that many people are trying to reduce by intervening. Task killers, things like this and manually jumping in isn't going to "hurt" your device, but it will bog it down.
ill stop clearing then. right now my phone is kinda lagging that is why i was trying to clear it. i removed the clean master app.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ill stop clearing then. right now my phone is kinda lagging that is why i was trying to clear it. i removed the clean master app.

What it is useful for is finding an app that is "rogue", using more resources then it ought to tie up and/or stuck in a loop, constantly open, etc. Often if you're trying to isolate a problem or resolve something that is in such a state, this can help but it should be pretty deliberate IMO. One thing that can be of more benefit is instead clearing the cache (device and/or individual apps).

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
What it is useful for is finding an app that is "rogue", using more resources then it ought to tie up and/or stuck in a loop, constantly open, etc. Often if you're trying to isolate a problem or resolve something that is in such a state, this can help but it should be pretty deliberate IMO. One thing that can be of more benefit is instead clearing the cache (device and/or individual apps).
thank you for the info. i did not know any of this. i learned something new. 👍

calcite

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Darth Spock,

Thanks for that great info. I will share my personal experience with Clean Master on a Droid Razr MAXX.

My phone had gotten very laggy in recent months. I deleted as many apps as I could stand, which helped a little, but it would still get unusably sluggish at times. Clean Master seems to help quite a bit. I mostly let it clean when prompted. I also use the 1-Touch Clean function, and it nearly always results in immediate, dramatically improved responsiveness.

I understand Clean Master goes after cache and junk files. Perhaps the cache cleaning is what is so effective. The one down-side I have seen in using Clean Master is that I often lose the open web pages in Browser. That is a trade-off I am happy to make.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the above. Am I paying a price somewhere else for the improvements I see in responsiveness when I run it?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Darth Spock,

Thanks for that great info. I will share my personal experience with Clean Master on a Droid Razr MAXX.

My phone had gotten very laggy in recent months. I deleted as many apps as I could stand, which helped a little, but it would still get unusably sluggish at times. Clean Master seems to help quite a bit. I mostly let it clean when prompted. I also use the 1-Touch Clean function, and it nearly always results in immediate, dramatically improved responsiveness.

I understand Clean Master goes after cache and junk files. Perhaps the cache cleaning is what is so effective. The one down-side I have seen in using Clean Master is that I often lose the open web pages in Browser. That is a trade-off I am happy to make.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the above. Am I paying a price somewhere else for the improvements I see in responsiveness when I run it?

I'll honestly defer to the experts on specifics, but my opinion is that clearing the cache at appropriate times can be very beneficial. That basically clears temp data that is stored to increase the speed of recalling redundant functions or the same function more than once. It's not uncommon for one or more of those temp files to be a first level cause of apparent lag in an app or on a device.

This is honestly my favorite read on the subject, although there have been a few refreshes due to changes in how Android handles things in newer operating systems, the broad strokes (and a lot of the detail) remain true: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

waz ahmer

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there use Clean master it not only cleans your ram it will boost it for a faster response it cleared 3gb of space on my Note 3

Ulimate Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never look at my RAM except for posts like this. It sits high but as Spock said.. It's normal for Android to cache the information within RAM to use less resources when opening apps.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1406912753838.jpg
    1406912753838.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 23

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz