IDrive Online Backup? 😨

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
sarkycow
I'm trying G Cloud, really likein'
it so far and I like that you can buy a gig or so at a time. You get 1g and you can earn free space.
Joe

I'll look into it. I have an email into iDrive as they say on their FAQ page that I can play videos straight from their app (with supported formats such as .mp4 and .avi) but most of mine aren't playing. If they don't have a resolve for this then I might bite the bullet with Dropbox.

I really need and want the ability to view my photos and play my videos from within the app on any device I'm using.

I double checked to make sure the video wasn't buggered on my phone but I can play the "original" on my phone fine but I cannot play the backed up version.

I'll wait and see what they say.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll look into it. I have an email into iDrive as they say on their FAQ page that I can play videos straight from their app (with supported formats such as .mp4 and .avi) but most of mine aren't playing. If they don't have a resolve for this then I might bite the bullet with Dropbox.

I really need and want the ability to view my photos and play my videos from within the app on any device I'm using.

I double checked to make sure the video wasn't buggered on my phone but I can play the "original" on my phone fine but I cannot play the backed up version.

I'll wait and see what they say.

Sarks.

Sarks,
I have found with idrive & G cloud that some backed up files are not viewable on their app.
G drive answered that question for me and said the files could only be transferred to a new device.
Idrive has never answered any questions. 👎
Joe

IDrive_support

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
IDrive allows streaming only if video is shorter than 30 minutes or is less than 2GB in size. In case if you are facing any issues, you may contact us on live chat.

IDrive_support

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Sarks,
I have found with idrive & G cloud that some backed up files are not viewable on their app.
G drive answered that question for me and said the files could only be transferred to a new device.
Idrive has never answered any questions. ??????
Joe

IDrive allows streaming only if video is shorter than 30 minutes or is less than 2GB in size. In case if you are facing any issues, you may contact us on live chat.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a radio phone-in hour here, with any vetted phone in question answered by any person phoning in without Googling.
They have to say their 'qualifications', or just how they know the answer.

The motto of the show, by a great host, is : "if you build it, they will come " - from the Field of Dreams / Kevin Costner movie.

Seems if Jalopiejoe or Sarkycow express an interest in a service, they will come.

Nice one IDrive!

(nobody listens to me )

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I do not find this to be true. I have a bunch of videos that are between 300-900MB and they do not stream. It seems the only ones that stream are around 250MB or lower.

IDrive_support

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I do not find this to be true. I have a bunch of videos that are between 300-900MB and they do not stream. It seems the only ones that stream are around 250MB or lower.

We request you to let us know the duration of the video that you are referring to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos