Weather app.?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
This will be dependent upon where you live. I use Weather Underground because the local weather stations provide much more accurate information than the official weather stations which are often up to 20 degrees off for my location.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
As noted above, much depends on your location.

I use the free app from The Weather Network - useful info and, more importantly, I was able to track down - through it - a reporting station at a nearby high school for local and pertinent conditions and forecasts.

anon4935932

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I second the Weather Channel app. It's free, and unless you need some special data, it'll give you everything you need. I've used it on multiple platforms now (webOS and now Android).

Posted via Android Central App

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Right now im using the weather channel app. Ive used that and AccuWeather platinum and weather bug not sure which one is better.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I use 1Weather. Nothing seems to be quite as good now that they stopped supporting WeatherBug Elite.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Some good ones I rotate....Arcus, Accuweather, Eye in the Sky, 1weather, eWeatherHD, Bright Weather. After a long while you can't help but collect the basic staple apps.

zgrrl80

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I was just wondering a similar thing. The Weather Channel app wants all kinds of new permissions, including reading my phone call log. Why in the world would it need access to that? DELETED. Now I have to find something less invasive lol...

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No matter which weather app I use the live radar is very poor quality in comparison to Radar Now radar. The weather app radars are cheesy looking and jerky when they loop. Radar Now has always been very accurate for me.

What really is frustrating is that I can have multiple weather apps installed and they all give different weather info for the same zip code! One says rain the other says sunny!

One big reason I prefer the Weather Bug Elite because it has the Spark Lightning and I haven't found that in ANY other weather app.