how to remove this ?? help

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed something when opening my Google camera app. There are two little buttons in the top labeled "mode list" and "film strip" which do the same thing as the swipe left and right functions. My question is how do I get rid of these buttons? It's really getting on my nerves and looks ugly in my opinion :E

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Oops, forgot to add screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-11-10-33-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-11-10-33-25.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 67

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you running an old version or did you sideload it? I have version 2.3.019 from the Play Store and don't have those. Are you running anything other than the stock 4.4.2 ROM?

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you running an old version or did you sideload it? I have version 2.3.019 from the Play Store and don't have those. Are you running anything other than the stock 4.4.2 ROM?

Yea I'm running the same version and I got it from the Play Store (I already tried uninstalling and re installing . I'm on stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted if that makes a difference

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yea I'm running the same version and I got it from the Play Store (I already tried uninstalling and re installing . I'm on stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted if that makes a difference

Well rooting itself, without doing any root hacks, shouldn't change anything. But assuming you rooted for a reason and did do some things afterwards that cannot be done without root it is possible something you did changed something that is affecting this. The reason though that I asked about the ROM is because the camera functionality is intricately linked with TouchWiz. And also because this app requires KitKat. So it's not either of those then in your case.

I don't know if it's because of anything you changed with root access or if it is something else. But there are no settings to enable or disable those buttons in the app so i think it might be because of something external to the app that is affecting it. If you look at the screen shots on the play store page, they are not present. So from that I am assuming that the way mine functions is the norm and yours is the one that is different.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Actually it turns out one of my apps was causing this. It was an Android L lockscreen app. It had a camera shortcut and when I clicked on it, my Google camera app got those weird icons that would not go away even with a reboot, but uninstalling the app did the trick.

mattjuk

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi emad I have the exact same problem and I'm using android m! I don't use any lockscreen apps. Can you remember which app it was?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7