Note 3 unstable

Omegadash

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone has been perfectly fine until a week ago. Its running with full device encryption and a screen lock for company email policy.

The main issues are that the screen doesn't always come on when I hit the home or power button during standby, when I know I'm nearing success thr soft buttons will light up but the screen will stay black.
When I do get the screen on it isnt very responsive when I type my pin in, so have to wait a bit.
Once unlocked the notification bar won't drag down for about a minute and anything I type on the keyboard won't show on a textbox.

Things I've tried are...
Rebooting
Battery pull
Recovery cache clear
Index service cache clear
Touchwiz cache clear
System ui cache clear
Disabling animation on dev options
Removing most syncs
Removing SView cover
Removing SD card
Ran clean master, all options
Ran cache defragmentation

One thing I did notice was just around when this started happening my SD card got corrupted. Also it was around the time I installed a big game, not sure if it was before or after but I have tried removing all my games and apps that I don't need.

I think my proximity sensor is also faulty, always shows green on sensor tesr. I've disabled most sensor options though.

Really not willing to do a factory reset.

Please help :)

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
You've already tried all of the things I would have recommended. Only other thing I can think of would be to remove the SD card and see if that fixes it. For some odd reason they can occasionally be the culprits of seemingly unrelated issues.

Other than that though, your only real option would be to back up your data and factory reset unfortunately.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Omegadash

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, haha long time lurker for advice :p

Yip I've removed the SD card, mostly seem to have encountered the issue once the SD card corrupted. Is there any reliance the phone would have on it? Factory reset isn't really an option right now

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The only purpose sd card serves is to store photos and videos and music, so if you have enough space left on your internal memory for all that including all the apps then their is no reliance on sd card.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, haha long time lurker for advice :p

Yip I've removed the SD card, mostly seem to have encountered the issue once the SD card corrupted. Is there any reliance the phone would have on it? Factory reset isn't really an option right now

No, like I mentioned above, it occasionally causes issues with the phone.
Is there a particular reason why factory reset is not an option? You can back up almost everything on your phone so you can easily set everything up again.

Omegadash

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
No, like I mentioned above, it occasionally causes issues with the phone.
Is there a particular reason why factory reset is not an option? You can back up almost everything on your phone so you can easily set everything up again.

Thanks for the responses. I just have too much going on at the moment to go through with that process.

I ended up removing all the encryption, both phone and screen lock. It seemed to fix everything. I can't use my work email now, but it's fine. The phone was way too unstable. I think it might be a bug of some sort.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I just have too much going on at the moment to go through with that process.

I ended up removing all the encryption, both phone and screen lock. It seemed to fix everything. I can't use my work email now, but it's fine. The phone was way too unstable. I think it might be a bug of some sort.

Well, sorry we couldn't get it working :-\
At least the bugginess of the device went away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad