Battery anxiety at what percentage?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Was curious at what level of battery percentage left do you all start getting anxious or nervous?

For me, on my Note 3, for some reason when it hits 59% left I start to be more aware of battery life

If in Stock battery I start considering charging at 35-40%

With the Anker 6400 mah, I wait till about 20% or so

And with my zerolemon 10,000 mah beast, I can't kill it or wait long enough before charging. It stays at 1% forever!

It's weird because with an extended battery I still start getting a bit concerned around 50% even though I know it has alot more battery life left

So curious, who level do you get worried or concerned and when do you start charging the battery?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
ignore it and stop using battery widgets and obsessing over every misrepresented percentage of battery life.

just enjoy your device.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I pretty much notice the battery more the quicker it drains and what time it is
I get pretty annoyed when I have to charge my phone in the middle of the day, granted it charges pretty quickly

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
ignore it and stop using battery widgets and obsessing over every misrepresented percentage of battery life.

just enjoy your device.
I don't have any battery widgets. Just the little battery percentage on the top right of phone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ideally you want to be between 40% and 80% for as long as possible and rarely above or below either, but if you have to choose between above or below, above 80% is better than below 40%.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I start pay attention to it at 39%, I start charge between 20 and 30, and charge to 75-85.

My understanding is lower voltage is always better for battery longevity, so i say between <40 and>80, <40 is preferred.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My battery doesn't stay at 99% more than a few seconds.
(^^was a joke - I know! )

In a new job without a spare (sue me) I am getting to 1% now regularly again (sue me).

I have noticed the stock battery percentage reading is recently not logical at all. At low levels I can be at 3% and get to a 0.7A charger temporarily (sue me), 2 minutes later its at 27%, unplug it and its immediately around 13%.

With a Zerolemon 10,000 mah, is the phone battery percentage accurate?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My battery doesn't stay at 99% more than a few seconds. (joke I know)

In a new job without a spare (sue me) I am getting to 1% now regularly again (sue me).

I have noticed the stock battery percentage reading is recently not logical at all. At low levels I can be at 3% and get to a 0.7A charger temporarily (sue me), 2 minutes later its at 27%, unplug it and its immediately around 13%.

With a Zerolemon 10,000 mah, is the phone battery percentage accurate?

Not accurate at all with zerolemon. Especially what it estimat. How much time you have left. I was at 50% and said I have 1 day 2 hrs left which I was probably true. Then 30 minutes later said I had 2 days 5 hrs left. Wtf? Lol

And the actual battery percentage is horribly inaccurate with any extended battery I find.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Not accurate at all with zerolemon. Especially what it estimat. How much time you have left. I was at 50% and said I have 1 day 2 hrs left which I was probably true. Then 30 minutes later said I had 2 days 5 hrs left. Wtf? Lol

And the actual battery percentage is horribly inaccurate with any extended battery I find.

Yes that's probably an issue all around with amy extended battery.
It only occurred to me reading your post and remembering my recent issue.

Is GSam the same? Does GSam show a 10,000 capacity?

Where is @msndrstood when you need the lady?

The battery should come with embedded software and an app, maybe, but I don't know how the battery is read by the phone.

I will be keeping my Note 3 for a while until prices drop, and am using it for more functions lately, but I will probably just get a spare 3200 battery.

ADDED: In my defence I use the Note 3 until it drops and swich to my Moto G 4G back up.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's probably an issue all around with amy extended battery.
It only occurred to me reading your post and remembering my recent issue.

Is GSam the same? Does GSam show a 10,000 capacity?

Where is @msndrstood when you need the lady?

The battery should come with embedded software and an app, maybe, but I don't know how the battery is read by the phone.

I will be keeping my Note 3 for a while until prices drop, and am using it for more functions lately, but I will probably just get a spare 3200 battery.

ADDED: In my defence I use the Note 3 until it drops and swich to my Moto G 4G back up.

Since I updated to 4.4.4, Gsam had some weird numbers for length of time left etc.

My Zerolemon was pretty accurate, I just charge until the dummy light turns green and off I go.

Here's a screenshot of those funky numbers.

a3b210615f036deac63421850f2f1e84.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, the screen on time is the important thing for me.

b8dfe3ae8c22acc24848c95b67b8e17e.jpg

On battery with the 10,000

384c51e018edc113ea25aed69976ab4d.jpg

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Stock battery 15%. Extended battery 5%. I only use general battery information, no battery widgets or apps.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Screen on time time is very important. I was getting about 15.5 hours of onscreen time, with zerolemon,

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Since I updated to 4.4.4, Gsam had some weird numbers for length of time left etc.

My Zerolemon was pretty accurate, I just charge until the dummy light turns green and off I go.

Here's a screenshot of those funky numbers.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/20/a3b210615f036deac63421850f2f1e84.jpg

Those are some crazy time remaining numbers. It thinks you are attached to the National Grid.
So only after 4.4.4. I haven't got that yet.
Yes 12+ hours screen time is what you paid for, so it works, and you can gauge it that way.
Don't know if our OP has 4.4.4 though.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Screen on time time is very important. I was getting about 15.5 hours of onscreen time, with zerolemon,

Mine was mostly on 3G, not great, at that. So I was pretty pleased with 12 hours on screen. I was really pushing it too. That was pretty continuous usage.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Haha initially I too was obsessed with my phone battery level & easily got worried when it reached below 50% but I got over it already.

I'm using Battery Doctor & set the alarm when the level drops to 15%. For peace of mind, I have a Anker power bank 6400 & a spare battery within reach. These are great companions especially for long distance or hours of travelling. :)

In reality, my battery level hardly drop below 30% unless I'm on travelling.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

exactnexus

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
My battery life was getting pretty bad last week so I ran it down to zero from a full charge to recalibrate and now it's got like double the life it had!! I'm on 80% after a full day of moderate use including push Gmail and Bluetooth on and connected to my LG Gwatch... I'm very satisfied with the battery life I've been getting since I recalibrated. I charge when I get to around 40% if I can just to be sure I don't run out of juice unexpectedly but it's probably not neccessary.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...