09-21-2014 10:52 PM
26 12
tools
    Was curious at what level of battery percentage left do you all start getting anxious or nervous?

For me, on my Note 3, for some reason when it hits 59% left I start to be more aware of battery life

If in Stock battery I start considering charging at 35-40%

With the Anker 6400 mah, I wait till about 20% or so

And with my zerolemon 10,000 mah beast, I can't kill it or wait long enough before charging. It stays at 1% forever!

It's weird because with an extended battery I still start getting a bit concerned around 50% even though I know it has alot more battery life left

So curious, who level do you get worried or concerned and when do you start charging the battery?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    09-19-2014 09:26 PM
    Ideally you want to be between 40% and 80% for as long as possible and rarely above or below either, but if you have to choose between above or below, above 80% is better than below 40%.
    ignore it and stop using battery widgets and obsessing over every misrepresented percentage of battery life.

just enjoy your device.
    09-19-2014 09:28 PM
    I pretty much notice the battery more the quicker it drains and what time it is
    I get pretty annoyed when I have to charge my phone in the middle of the day, granted it charges pretty quickly

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-19-2014 09:33 PM
    ignore it and stop using battery widgets and obsessing over every misrepresented percentage of battery life.

just enjoy your device.
    I don't have any battery widgets. Just the little battery percentage on the top right of phone.

09-19-2014 09:58 PM
    99%. Sigh

Posted via Android Central App
    anon8380037 and dragonsamus like this.
    09-19-2014 10:24 PM
    Ideally you want to be between 40% and 80% for as long as possible and rarely above or below either, but if you have to choose between above or below, above 80% is better than below 40%.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-19-2014 10:33 PM
    I start pay attention to it at 39%, I start charge between 20 and 30, and charge to 75-85.

My understanding is lower voltage is always better for battery longevity, so i say between <40 and>80, <40 is preferred.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-19-2014 10:44 PM
    99%. Sigh

Posted via Android Central App
    Same here.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC
    09-19-2014 11:05 PM
    I don't get anxious because I carry at least one extra battery with me at all times.
    Yk Chin likes this.
    09-19-2014 11:05 PM
    My battery doesn't stay at 99% more than a few seconds.
    (^^was a joke - I know! )

In a new job without a spare (sue me) I am getting to 1% now regularly again (sue me).

I have noticed the stock battery percentage reading is recently not logical at all. At low levels I can be at 3% and get to a 0.7A charger temporarily (sue me), 2 minutes later its at 27%, unplug it and its immediately around 13%.

With a Zerolemon 10,000 mah, is the phone battery percentage accurate?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-20-2014 10:29 AM
    My battery doesn't stay at 99% more than a few seconds. (joke I know)

In a new job without a spare (sue me) I am getting to 1% now regularly again (sue me).

I have noticed the stock battery percentage reading is recently not logical at all. At low levels I can be at 3% and get to a 0.7A charger temporarily (sue me), 2 minutes later its at 27%, unplug it and its immediately around 13%.

With a Zerolemon 10,000 mah, is the phone battery percentage accurate?

Not accurate at all with zerolemon. Especially what it estimat. How much time you have left. I was at 50% and said I have 1 day 2 hrs left which I was probably true. Then 30 minutes later said I had 2 days 5 hrs left. Wtf? Lol

And the actual battery percentage is horribly inaccurate with any extended battery I find.

anon8380037 likes this.
    09-20-2014 01:26 PM
    Not accurate at all with zerolemon. Especially what it estimat. How much time you have left. I was at 50% and said I have 1 day 2 hrs left which I was probably true. Then 30 minutes later said I had 2 days 5 hrs left. Wtf? Lol

And the actual battery percentage is horribly inaccurate with any extended battery I find.

Yes that's probably an issue all around with amy extended battery.
    It only occurred to me reading your post and remembering my recent issue.

Is GSam the same? Does GSam show a 10,000 capacity?

Where is @msndrstood when you need the lady?

The battery should come with embedded software and an app, maybe, but I don't know how the battery is read by the phone.

I will be keeping my Note 3 for a while until prices drop, and am using it for more functions lately, but I will probably just get a spare 3200 battery.

ADDED: In my defence I use the Note 3 until it drops and swich to my Moto G 4G back up.

mchi5 likes this.
    09-20-2014 01:59 PM
    Yes that's probably an issue all around with amy extended battery.
    It only occurred to me reading your post and remembering my recent issue.

Is GSam the same? Does GSam show a 10,000 capacity?

Where is @msndrstood when you need the lady?

The battery should come with embedded software and an app, maybe, but I don't know how the battery is read by the phone.

I will be keeping my Note 3 for a while until prices drop, and am using it for more functions lately, but I will probably just get a spare 3200 battery.

ADDED: In my defence I use the Note 3 until it drops and swich to my Moto G 4G back up.

Since I updated to 4.4.4, Gsam had some weird numbers for length of time left etc.

My Zerolemon was pretty accurate, I just charge until the dummy light turns green and off I go.

Here's a screenshot of those funky numbers.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    anon8380037 and mchi5 like this.
    09-20-2014 04:37 PM
    Seriously, the screen on time is the important thing for me.

On battery with the 10,000

anon8380037 and mchi5 like this.
    09-20-2014 04:43 PM
    Stock battery 15%. Extended battery 5%. I only use general battery information, no battery widgets or apps.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-20-2014 04:55 PM
    I agree. Screen on time time is very important. I was getting about 15.5 hours of onscreen time, with zerolemon,

msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2014 04:55 PM
    Since I updated to 4.4.4, Gsam had some weird numbers for length of time left etc.

My Zerolemon was pretty accurate, I just charge until the dummy light turns green and off I go.

Here's a screenshot of those funky numbers.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...850f2f1e84.jpg

Those are some crazy time remaining numbers. It thinks you are attached to the National Grid.
    So only after 4.4.4. I haven't got that yet.
    Yes 12+ hours screen time is what you paid for, so it works, and you can gauge it that way.
    Don't know if our OP has 4.4.4 though.

msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2014 05:00 PM
    I agree. Screen on time time is very important. I was getting about 15.5 hours of onscreen time, with zerolemon,

Mine was mostly on 3G, not great, at that. So I was pretty pleased with 12 hours on screen. I was really pushing it too. That was pretty continuous usage.

mchi5 likes this.
    09-20-2014 09:05 PM
    Haha initially I too was obsessed with my phone battery level & easily got worried when it reached below 50% but I got over it already.

I'm using Battery Doctor & set the alarm when the level drops to 15%. For peace of mind, I have a Anker power bank 6400 & a spare battery within reach. These are great companions especially for long distance or hours of travelling. :-)

In reality, my battery level hardly drop below 30% unless I'm on travelling.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-20-2014 09:48 PM
    My battery life was getting pretty bad last week so I ran it down to zero from a full charge to recalibrate and now it's got like double the life it had!! I'm on 80% after a full day of moderate use including push Gmail and Bluetooth on and connected to my LG Gwatch... I'm very satisfied with the battery life I've been getting since I recalibrated. I charge when I get to around 40% if I can just to be sure I don't run out of juice unexpectedly but it's probably not neccessary.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...
    Yk Chin and mchi5 like this.
    09-21-2014 08:30 PM
    My battery life was getting pretty bad last week so I ran it down to zero from a full charge to recalibrate and now it's got like double the life it had!! I'm on 80% after a full day of moderate use including push Gmail and Bluetooth on and connected to my LG Gwatch... I'm very satisfied with the battery life I've been getting since I recalibrated. I charge when I get to around 40% if I can just to be sure I don't run out of juice unexpectedly but it's probably not neccessary.

Is that with stock battery, or an extended one?

09-21-2014 08:38 PM
    Is that with stock battery, or an extended one?

Stock... lol. I know, sounds ridiculous but it's true. The phone is fairly new though. I can post a screen shot if you want...

09-21-2014 08:42 PM
    Stock... lol. I know, sounds ridiculous but it's true. The phone is fairly new though. I can post a screen shot if you want...

No I believe you. Just curious because usually i hear people with the extended batteries recalibrating them

09-21-2014 08:43 PM

Yeah, it's recommended that a calibration be done every 40 charging processes.

09-21-2014 09:03 PM
    Yeah, it's recommended that a calibration be done every 40 charging processes.

I just wasn't expecting it to make THAT much of a difference... at this rate I could go like 3 days on a charge, maybe more... before I recalibrated I was getting like a day and a half tops.

mchi5 likes this.
    09-21-2014 09:39 PM
26 12