I noticed I had my location services keep on trying to find where I am and I forced stopped all the apps who recently looked and Google play services is the culprit. Why is it looking for location and how to stop it?
    09-21-2014 08:21 AM
    Open Google Now > Settings > Accounts & Privacy > Google Location Settings

Within there you have which mode you are using (if it's on) and Google Location Reporting

Google Play Services has location based functionality for several purposes, including the obvious - providing information about nearby stuff, letting Maps function, etc and allowing Google now to tell the difference between driving and walking or work or home, etc, etc - as well as being part of how Android defends location information from apps that do not need that level of visibility (by letting them hook in to provide content but remain in the dark as to the data).
    Open Google Now > Settings > Accounts & Privacy > Google Location Settings

Within there you have which mode you are using (if it's on) and Google Location Reporting

Google Play Services has location based functionality for several purposes, including the obvious - providing information about nearby stuff, letting Maps function, etc and allowing Google now to tell the difference between driving and walking or work or home, etc, etc - as well as being part of how Android defends location information from apps that do not need that level of visibility (by letting them hook in to provide content but remain in the dark as to the data).
    Yk Chin likes this.
    09-21-2014 09:00 AM